Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Although the Whirlpool Duet has better water efficiency, the Frigidaire Gallery is less expensive and cleans nearly as well, reviewers say. Experts like front-loaders

Although the Whirlpool Duet has better water efficiency, the Frigidaire Gallery is less expensive and cleans nearly as well, reviewers say. Experts like front-loaders

Dobey House Elf

these models. They use half the water of conventional washers. Some HE
3t/Duet front-loaders have a jeans cycle, http://www.njstone.net
a silk cycle for delicates, a "whitest white

Front-loading. Although the Whirlpool Duet has better water
efficiency, the Frigidaire Gallery is less expensive and cleans nearly
as well, reviewers say. Experts like front-loaders for their lower
noise levels, and because their spin cycles remove more water
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) from clothes (which reduces the time needed for
drying). The Frigidaire doesn't have as many cycles or options as the
Duet, and has rotary controls rather than an electronic touchpad. Even
so, the Frigidaire is a bargain in a front-loading washer.
• Fisher & Paykel Ecosmart GLW11
(*est. $600)

>> Where to buy Top-loading. Though fairly new to the U.S. market,

Fisher & Paykel has long been a presence in Europe and Australia, and
its Ecosmart washer is making inroads with reviewers. Though it's a
top-loading washer, this model cleans as well and is as efficient as
many front-loaders. In tests, it removes more water from wet clothing
http://www.njstone.net
with its 1,000 rpm spin cycle; thereby reducing the necessary drying
time. The Ecosmart has an extra-large, 3.7-cubic-foot stainless-steel
tub and has an unusual two-year warranty.
• Kenmore top-loaders
(*est. $380 to $550, depending on model)

>> Where to buy Top-loading. If you don't need innovations such as

those in the Fisher & Paykel above, but still prefer a top-loader,
several Kenmore models perform just as well in terms of basic washing
ability. The Kenmore 24872, for example, has fifteen cycles and
options, and rotary knobs instead of electronic controls. However, the
Kenmore's top-load design makes it less energy-efficient than
front-loaders.
• Maytag Neptune Top Loader FAV9800AW t. $1,300)

>> Where to buy Top-loading. According to experts, the Neptune is

the best of the new-technology top-loaders. Instead of an agitator,
the Neptune uses two arms to tumble clothes on a horizontal axis.
Experts say this technology works well and uses less water and energy
than most models. The downside? The typical wash load takes
ninety-five minutes—longer than any other model. Note that there are
questions about the reliability of Neptune front-loading machines, but
these don't appear to extend to the top-loading Neptune.
>> Comparison Chart

What the experts say, our analysis, and more.Updated July 2004Consumer
Reports' roundup of washing machines is the most credible independent
review we were able to find. The magazine has tested dozens of models
within the past year, washing maximum loads of mixed cotton items with
various types of soil and assigning ratings based on washing ability,
capacity, efficiency with both water and energy, and noise. This year,
gentleness was also a factor in Consumer Reports' testiloaders for
their lower noise levels, and because their spin cycles remove more
water from clothes (which reduces the time needed for drying). The
Frigidaire doesn't have as many cycles or options as the Duet, and has
rotary controls rather than an electronic touchpad. Even so, the
Frigidaire is a bargain in a front-loading washer.
• Fisher & Paykel Ecosmart GLW11
(*est. $600)

>> Where to buy Top-loading. Though fairly new to the U.S. market,

Fisher & Paykel has long been a presence in Europe and Australia, and
its Ecosmart washer is making inroads with reviewers. Though it's a
top-loading washer, this model cleans as well and is as efficient as
many front-loaders. In tests, it removes more water from wet clothing
with its 1,000 rpm spin cycle; thereby reducing the necessary drying
time. The Ecosmart has an extra-large, 3.7-cubic-foot stainless-steel
tub and has an unusual two-year warranty.
• Kenmore top-loaders
(*est. $380 to $550, depending on model)

>> Where to buy Top-loading. If you don't need innovations such as

those in the Fisher & Paykel above, but still prefer a top-loader,
several Kenmore models perform just as well in terms of basic washing
ability. The Kenmore 24872, for example, has fifteen cycles and
options, and rotary knobs instead of electronic controls. However, the
Kenmore's top-load design makes it less energy-efficient than
front-loaders.
• Maytag Neptune Top Loader FAV9800AW t. $1,300)

>> Where to buy Top-loading. According to experts, the Neptune is

the best of the new-technology top-loaders. Instead of an agitator,
the Neptune uses two arms to tumble clothes on a horizontal axis.
Experts say this technology works well and uses less water and energy
than most models. The downside? The typical wash load takes
ninetyhttp://www.njesx.com
-five minutes—longer than any other model. Note that there are
questions about the http://www.njstone.net
reliability of Neptune front-loading machines, but these don't appear
to extend to the top-loading Neptune.
>> Comparison Chart

What the experts say, our analysis, and more.Updated July 2004Consumer
Reports' roundup of washing machines is the most credible independent
review we were able to find. The magazine has tested dozens of models
within the past year, washing maximum loads of mixeng, and now the
magazine rates washers on that criterion as well.

several Kenmore models perform just as wellhttp://www.njesx.com
in terms of basic washing ability. The Kenmore 24872, for example,
has fifteen cycles and options, and rotary knobs instead of electronic
controls. However, the Kenmore's top-load design makes it less
energy-efficient than front-loaders.
• Maytag Neptune Top Loader FAV9800AW t. $1,300)

>> Where to buy Top-loading. According to experts, the Neptune is

the best of the new-technology top-loaders. Instead of an agitator,
the Neptune uses two arms to tumble clothes on a horizontal axis.
Experts say this technology works well and uses less water and energy
than most models. The downside? The typical wash load takes
ninety-five minutes—longer than any other model. Note that there are
questions about the reliability of Neptune front-loading machines, but
these don't appear to extend to the top-loading Neptune.
>> Comparison Chart

What the experts say, our analysis, and more.Updated July 2004Consumer
Reports' roundup of washing machines is the most credible independent
review we were able to find. The
Due to a large amount of consumer mail complaining about the Kenmore
Calypso's problems with lint, Consumer Reports ran a new test this
year. Editors washed a load of white towels and black T-shirts to test
four competing models for lint left behind on the clean wet clothing.
Editors say they are considering testing all washers for lint in the
future. The lhttp://www.njesx.com
imited test here does not appear to have been a factor in Consumer
Reports' overall ratings. Some models, which performed poorly

review we were able to find. Thehttp://www.njstone.net
magazine has tested dozens of models within the past year, washing
maximum loads of mixeng, and now the magazine rates washers on that
criterion as well.
>> Where to buy Top-loading. If you don't need innovations such as

those in the Fisher & Paykel above, but still prefer a top-loader,
several Kenmore models perform just as wellhttp://www.njesx.com
in terms of basic washing ability. The Kenmore 24872, for example,
has fifteen cycles and options, and rotary knobs instead of electronic
controls. However, the Kenmore's top-load design makes it less
energy-efficient than front-loaders.
• Maytag Neptune Top Loader FAV9800AW t. $1,300)

>> Where to buy Top-loading. According to experts, the Neptune is

the best of the new-technology top-loaders. Instead of an agitator,
the Neptune uses two arms to tumble clothes on a horizontal axis.
Experts say this technology works well and uses less water and energy
than most models. The downside? The typical wash load takes
ninety-five minutes—longer than any other model. Note that there are
questions about the reliability of Neptune front-loading machines, but
these don't appear to extend to the top-loading Neptune.
>> Comparison Chart

What the experts say, our analysis, and more.Updated July 2004Consumer
Reports' roundup of washing machines is the most credible independent
review we were able to find. The
Due to a large amount of consumer mail complaining about the Kenmore
Calypso's problems with lint, Consumer Reports ran a new test this
year. Editors washed a load of white towels and black T-shirts to test
four competing models for lint left behind on the clean wet clothing.
Editors say they are considering testing all washers for lint in the
future. The lhttp://www.njesx.com
imited test here does not appear to have been a factor in Consumer
Reports' overall ratings. Some models, which performed poorlythese
models. They use half the water of conventional washers. Some HE
3t/Duet front-loaders have a jeans cycle, http://www.njstone.net
a silk cycle for delicates, a "whitest white

Front-loading. Although the Whirlpool Duet has better water
efficiency, the Frigidaire Gallery is less expensive and cleans nearly
as well, reviewers say. Experts like front-loaders for their lower
noise levels, and because their spin cycles remove more water from
> [...]

front-loaders.
• Maytag Neptune Top Loader FAV9800AW t. $1,300)

>> Where to buy Top-loading. According to experts, the Neptune is

the best of the new-technology top-loaders. Instead of an agitator,
the Neptune uses two arms to tumble clothes on a horizontal axis.
Experts say this technology works well and uses less water and energy
than most models. The downside? The typical wash load takes
ninetyhttp://www.njesx.com
-five minutes—longer than any other model. Note that there are
questions about the http://www.njstone.net
reliability of Neptune front-loading machines, but these don't appear
to extend to the top-loading Neptune.
>> Comparison Chart

What the experts say, our analysis, and more.Updated July 2004Consumer
Reports' roundup of washing machines is the most credible independent
review we were (E-Mail Removed) able to find. The magazine has
> [...]

questions about the reliability of Neptune front-loading machines, but
these don't appear to extend to the top-loading Neptune.
>> Comparison Chart

What the experts say, our analysis, and more.Updated July 2004Consumer
Reports' roundup of washing machines is the most credible independent
review we were able to find. The
Due to a large amount of consumer mail complaining about the Kenmore
Calypso's problems with lint, Consumer Reports ran a new test this
year. Editors washed a load of white towels and black T-shirts to test
four competing models for lint left behind on the clean wet clothing.
Editors say they are considering testing all washers for lint in the
future. The lhttp://www.njesx.com
imited test here does not appear to have been a factor in Consumer
Reports' overall ratings. Some models, which performed poorly

Mike

Dobey House Elf wrote:

<Snip>

Yes but how do they perform against an NMAP scan?

--

------------------------------------

Real email to mike. The header email is a spam trap and you will be
blacklisted.

\Crash\ Dummy

>Yes but how do they perform against an NMAP scan?

My Whirlpool washer/dryer combination has never been successfully penetrated.
With the proper detergent, it is also removes viruses.
(E-Mail Removed)?subject=Techtalk (Do not alter!)
http://lists.gpick.com

John Vogel

""Crash" Dummy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >Yes but how do they perform against an NMAP scan?

> My Whirlpool washer/dryer combination has never been successfully

penetrated.
> With the proper detergent, it is also removes viruses.
> --

It's best to be cautious when choosing a detergent, however, as some
detergents can open your whirlpool washer/dryer up to potential security
risks. Also, be sure to use an anti-static sheet when drying, as static can
cause your inputed items to become garbled, and require extensive detangling
to be usable.