Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Triggering dial-up

Triggering dial-up

Marco Wong

hi all, could anybody give me hints that any protocol (or any ways)
could cause cisco device performing dial-up in case it finds other
port (e.g. e0/1) link down???

Thanks for your information in advance

marco

FireSword

You can do it wth a floating static route, with a dialer watch-list, or with
the command:

backup interface dialerX

interface Dialer0

interface Ethernet0
backup interface Dialer0
backup delay 5 30
! Dialer will dial 5 seconds after e0 is down, and will remain active
! for 30 seconds after e0 is back up.

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...