Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Firewall Security

Firewall Security

Pam

We have just connected to Broadband and are looking for information on
keeping the system secure. We had Zone Alarm on both our computers however
it now doesnt support home networking.

I tried Sygate Personal Firewall Pro but for some reason it doesnt or wont
work on my system. We are network by a Billion router, one computer runs XP
Home the other has XP Pro. Does anyone have suggestions where to go from
here.

Leythos

says...
> We have just connected to Broadband and are looking for information on
> keeping the system secure. We had Zone Alarm on both our computers however
> it now doesnt support home networking.
>
> I tried Sygate Personal Firewall Pro but for some reason it doesnt or wont
> work on my system. We are network by a Billion router, one computer runs XP
> Home the other has XP Pro. Does anyone have suggestions where to go from
> here.

I didn't look up your router, but if both computers have a 192.168.x.y
address then you only need to tell ZA that the 192.168.x.y address space
is trusted and then you should be able to do home networking again.

If your router does not provide a private address to your computers then
you need to get one that does.

(E-Mail Removed)
(Remove 999 to reply to me)