Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Private address range IP visited web site

Private address range IP visited web site

Emily Jones

I have one of those web traffic analyser things on my web site. The site is
hosted on linux at a web hosts, not here. Yesterday there were reports of
somebody visisiting from 10.1.42.203 which is a private IP address isn't it?

Is this somebody trying to hide their IP address or something? Should I be
worried?

Yours, Emily

Colonel Flagg

In article <40c80d43$0$58824$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> I have one of those web traffic analyser things on my web site. The site is
> hosted on linux at a web hosts, not here. Yesterday there were reports of
> somebody visisiting from 10.1.42.203 which is a private IP address isn't it?
>
> Is this somebody trying to hide their IP address or something? Should I be
> worried?
>
> Yours, Emily

could be someone on the NOC LAN visiting the website?

--
Colonel Flagg
http://www.internetwarzone.org/

Privacy at a click:
http://www.cotse.net

A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

"...I see stupid people."

Emily Jones

Thanks

NOC?

Emily

"Colonel Flagg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In article <40c80d43$0$58824$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > I have one of those web traffic analyser things on my web site. The site

is
> > hosted on linux at a web hosts, not here. Yesterday there were reports

of
> > somebody visisiting from 10.1.42.203 which is a private IP address isn't

it?

> > Is this somebody trying to hide their IP address or something? Should I

be
> > worried?
> >
> > Yours, Emily
> >

> could be someone on the NOC LAN visiting the website?
>

> --
> Colonel Flagg
> http://www.internetwarzone.org/
>
> Privacy at a click:
> http://www.cotse.net
>
> Q: How many Bill Gates does it take to change a lightbulb?
> A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."
>
> "...I see stupid people."

Colonel Flagg

In article <40c891d7$0$58819$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...

> "Colonel Flagg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > In article <40c80d43$0$58824$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > > I have one of those web traffic analyser things on my web site. The site

> is
> > > hosted on linux at a web hosts, not here. Yesterday there were reports

> of
> > > somebody visisiting from 10.1.42.203 which is a private IP address isn't

> it?
> > >
> > > Is this somebody trying to hide their IP address or something? Should I

> be
> > > worried?
> > >
> > > Yours, Emily
> > >

> > could be someone on the NOC LAN visiting the website?
> >

> Thanks
>
> NOC?
>
> Emily

Network Operations Center

--
Colonel Flagg
http://www.internetwarzone.org/

Privacy at a click:
http://www.cotse.net

A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

"...I see stupid people."

Emily Jones

Thanks. As a matter of fact the ISP is reporting that they have had problems
with a DNS server, so they might have been doing some tests on their hosted
pages?

It's not _my_ ISP, I'm looking after the site for somebody else, that's why
I didn't have any problems.

Yours, Emily