Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to connect to the internet?

Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to connect to the internet?

A.D.A.

Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to access the internet?
This last hour I've denied access thrice.
Zone Alarm logged it as blocked from connecting to internet (127.0.0.1 Port
1364) once, and
233.255.255.250 twice.
I've checked and checked with virus and trojan scans, but can't find what is
making it call. This has never happened before.

Ada

Mimic

"A.D.A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to access the internet?
> This last hour I've denied access thrice.
> Zone Alarm logged it as blocked from connecting to internet (127.0.0.1

Port
> 1364) once, and
> 233.255.255.250 twice.
> I've checked and checked with virus and trojan scans, but can't find what

is
> making it call. This has never happened before.
>
> Ada

127.0.0.1 is localhost, your machine.
Windows has a strange way of having to loop round and connect to itself
Its wont cause you any problems, its todo with something it displays I
forget what
, i think it might be the search function.

--
Mimic

Social Engineering - Because theres no patch for human stupidity.
ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ== ( www.hidemyemail.net )

Louise

In article <93Cuc.632265$Ig.53496@pd7tw2no>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to access the internet?
> This last hour I've denied access thrice.
> Zone Alarm logged it as blocked from connecting to internet (127.0.0.1 Port
> 1364) once, and
> 233.255.255.250 twice.
> I've checked and checked with virus and trojan scans, but can't find what is
> making it call. This has never happened before.
>
> Ada

If you're not using wireless, check to make sure it's on manual; if not,
it's running all the time

Also consider the following link - look at all the posts:
http://www.michaelbraly.com/archives/000153.html

Also check indexing and search companion
http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/tune-20.html

Louise