Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > COTSE question, Chaining proxies

COTSE question, Chaining proxies

somebody else

I'd like to chain a couple proxies before connecting through the Cotse
proxy. Is this possible? Protocals: nntp and http, & maybe ftp and p2p.

Maybe use sockscap32 & sockschain, ctunnel-stunnel... ?

I like what cotse offers, but I don't know if I trust them.

Curtis Williams

Then don't use them. Since you have to have an account to use cotse,
and assuming you pay by some traceable means (e.g. credit card) they
can tell who you are regardless of how many proxies you go through
before you hit them.

I've found cotse to be totally reliable and honest.

Sometimes I'd like to route through a few proxies after I hit cotse--
haven't figured out how/

On 22 May 2004 15:57:11 -0500, somebody else <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'd like to chain a couple proxies before connecting through the Cotse
>proxy. Is this possible? Protocals: nntp and http, & maybe ftp and p2p.
>
>Maybe use sockscap32 & sockschain, ctunnel-stunnel... ?
>

>I like what cotse offers, but I don't know if I trust them.

[ Doc Jeff ]

somebody else <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:40afbe5c$0$69805$(E-Mail Removed):

> I'd like to chain a couple proxies before connecting through the Cotse
> proxy. Is this possible?

Anything is possible if you work at it hard enough for long enough.

> Protocols: nntp and http, & maybe ftp and p2p.

nntp and http yes. Not entirely sure about ftp. But no way for p2p. That's
a resource-sucking thing.

> Maybe use sockscap32 & sockschain, ctunnel-stunnel... ?
>

> I like what cotse offers, but I don't know if I trust them.

Good attitude. Don't trust anyone or anything. Question everything.

Doc

irc2.peacefulhaven.net -or- http://www.peacefulhaven.net
Home of the Official DocJeff Challenge

Hairy One Kenobi

"[ Doc Jeff ]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> somebody else <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:40afbe5c$0$69805$(E-Mail Removed):

> Good attitude. Don't trust anyone or anything. Question everything.

Why?

Just kidding.. someone had to say it ;o)

--

Hairy One Kenobi

in the first place. So there!

[ Doc Jeff ]

"Hairy One Kenobi" <abuse@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in
news:R2atc.829$(E-Mail Removed):

>> Good attitude. Don't trust anyone or anything. Question everything.

> Why?

Because trust breeds vulnerability.

> Just kidding.. someone had to say it ;o)

And you just couldn't resist?

--

Doc
Member of the Cabal

irc2.peacefulhaven.net -or- http://www.peacefulhaven.net

Stephen K. Gielda

In article <Xns94F6EA61CD2C4axe@127.0.0.1>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> "Hairy One Kenobi" <abuse@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in
> news:R2atc.829$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> >> Good attitude. Don't trust anyone or anything. Question everything.

> > Why?

> Because trust breeds vulnerability.
>
> > Just kidding.. someone had to say it ;o)

> And you just couldn't resist?

Did you hear a wooshing noise?

/steve
--
You simply cannot get more server side control of
your e-mail without running your own mail server and

Another cotse.net bug: 14 aliases deleted w/o warning. Chief Thracian Usenet Computer Security 2 07-24-2004 04:06 AM
Re: Another cotse.net bug: 14 aliases deleted w/o warning. Tarapia Tapioco Computer Security 0 07-24-2004 12:49 AM
Cotse web proxy question Nick Hill Computer Security 1 07-30-2003 03:57 PM
COTSE? Anonymous Computer Security 9 06-29-2003 11:39 PM
Re: COTSE? starwars Computer Security 0 06-27-2003 04:30 AM

Advertisments