Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Virus jdbgmgr.exe

Virus jdbgmgr.exe

Quercus Robur

Just received an Email from a friend as follows below. And I did find it on
my
computer too and deleted it. How did this get by Norton? Do I need to
contact my 'address book'?

Martin O.
I just found out that I received a virus that automatically is passed
through e-mail address books. I did find it on my computer. Since you are
in my address book, you will probably find it in your computer too.

The virus called jdbg.exe is not detected by Norton or McAfee Anti-Virus
systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system.
It is sent automatically by Messenger and by address book, whether or not
you sent an e-mail to your contacts.

Here is how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it. PLEASE DO
THIS ASAP It will only take a minute.
1. Go to Start, then click your "Find" or "Search" option.
2. In the folder option, type the name jdbgm
3. Be sure to search your C Drive and all the folders and any other
drives you may have.
4. Click "Find Now"
5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN
IT!
6. Go to Edit (on the menu bar) and choose "Select All" to highlight the
file without opening it
7. Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select delete. It will then gothe
recycle bin.

If you find the virus, you must contact all the people in your Address
Book
so that they may eradicate the virus from their own address book.

To do this:
A Copy this message or paste onto a new e-mail message
B Click the icon Address Book next to "TO"
C Highlight every name and add to "BCC"

Quercus Robur

Sorry, just checked with Norton and found it is a hoax. My apologies, MO

"Quercus Robur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UJeqc.17650$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just received an Email from a friend as follows below. And I did find it

on
> my
> computer too and deleted it. How did this get by Norton? Do I need to
> contact my 'address book'?
>
> Martin O.
> I just found out that I received a virus that automatically is passed
> through e-mail address books. I did find it on my computer. Since you are
> in my address book, you will probably find it in your computer too.
>
> The virus called jdbg.exe is not detected by Norton or McAfee Anti-Virus
> systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system.
> It is sent automatically by Messenger and by address book, whether or not
> you sent an e-mail to your contacts.
>
> Here is how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it. PLEASE DO
> THIS ASAP It will only take a minute.
> 1. Go to Start, then click your "Find" or "Search" option.
> 2. In the folder option, type the name jdbgm
> 3. Be sure to search your C Drive and all the folders and any other
> drives you may have.
> 4. Click "Find Now"
> 5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN
> IT!
> 6. Go to Edit (on the menu bar) and choose "Select All" to highlight the
> file without opening it
> 7. Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select delete. It will then

gothe
> recycle bin.
>
> If you find the virus, you must contact all the people in your Address
> Book
> so that they may eradicate the virus from their own address book.
>
> To do this:
> A Copy this message or paste onto a new e-mail message
> B Click the icon Address Book next to "TO"
> C Highlight every name and add to "BCC"

Leythos

In article <UJeqc.17650$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Just received an Email from a friend as follows below. And I did find it on
> my
> computer too and deleted it. How did this get by Norton? Do I need to
> contact my 'address book'?
>
> Martin O.

Never believe anything a "friend" sends you until you check it on the
internet first. This hoax has been going around for years.

If you think you have a file that should not be on your computer you
should go to google.com, type the name of the file into the search
engine, and read the first 6 or so items about it.

(E-Mail Removed)
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

Jim Watt

On Tue, 18 May 2004 02:53:58 GMT, "Quercus Robur"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Sorry, just checked with Norton and found it is a hoax. My apologies, MO

tell the person who sent you the message off.

http://www.gibnet.com/isl/hoax.htm

is a useful reference
--
Jim Watt