Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Network Audit tools

Network Audit tools

al

Hi all,
We are looking for an effective, low cost tool that can provide basic
network information [hardware and software inventory].
Listed below are other potential features.
1. Takes less than 2 hrs to run
2. Has to present meaningful information automatically
a. Conclusion page
b. Identify future projects - draw conclusions
c. To Do List
3. Draw a network topology
4. Information must be storable in order trend
5. Run remotely
6. Must collect info necessary to provide remote support
7. Identify
a. Security vulnerabilities
b. Virus vulnerabilities
Any ideas of products you like?
Please advice.
Thanks in advance,
Al

Steven L Umbach

Wow. Don't know of any low cost tool to do all that . Anyhow take a look at Languard
and they have a time limited full feature download. The Microsoft Baseline Security
Analyzer is free and though it can not do a lot of what you ask should also be
considered as a valuable and free tool. --- Steve

http://www.gfi.com/lannetscan/
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../mbsahome.mspx

"al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_pelc.4763$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hi all,
> We are looking for an effective, low cost tool that can provide basic
> network information [hardware and software inventory].
> Listed below are other potential features.
> 1. Takes less than 2 hrs to run
> 2. Has to present meaningful information automatically
> a. Conclusion page
> b. Identify future projects - draw conclusions
> c. To Do List
> 3. Draw a network topology
> 4. Information must be storable in order trend
> 5. Run remotely
> 6. Must collect info necessary to provide remote support
> 7. Identify
> a. Security vulnerabilities
> b. Virus vulnerabilities
> Any ideas of products you like?
> Please advice.
> Thanks in advance,
> Al

Rowland

al wrote:

>Hi all,
>We are looking for an effective, low cost tool that can provide basic
>network information [hardware and software inventory].
>Listed below are other potential features.
>1. Takes less than 2 hrs to run
>2. Has to present meaningful information automatically
>a. Conclusion page
>b. Identify future projects - draw conclusions
>c. To Do List
>3. Draw a network topology
>4. Information must be storable in order trend
>5. Run remotely
>6. Must collect info necessary to provide remote support
>7. Identify
>a. Security vulnerabilities
>b. Virus vulnerabilities
>Any ideas of products you like?
>Please advice.
>Thanks in advance,
>Al

nmap (http://www.insecure.org/) can be configured to do most of this,
and it's free. It doesn't do all of it, but it might be good enough.

--
Spammers: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (E-Mail Removed) (E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed) (E-Mail Removed) (E-Mail Removed) (E-Mail Removed)

Check out my Java, SQL and Python samples at http://rowland.blcss.com/
For sale: Unique and energy efficient hobbit home in New Hampshire:
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/rowland/mm.index.html

Dave

"al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:
> We are looking for an effective, low cost tool that can provide basic
> network information [hardware and software inventory].
> Listed below are other potential features.
> 1. Takes less than 2 hrs to run
> 2. Has to present meaningful information automatically
> a. Conclusion page
> b. Identify future projects - draw conclusions
> c. To Do List
> 3. Draw a network topology
> 4. Information must be storable in order trend
> 5. Run remotely
> 6. Must collect info necessary to provide remote support
> 7. Identify
> a. Security vulnerabilities
> b. Virus vulnerabilities

Quite high needs for lowcost software. It will be very hard to find
such one.
> Any ideas of products you like?

Check the new version of NetCruch
(http://www.adremsoft.com/netcrunch/index.php). Maybe you find
something for you.

regards,
dave

Network Security Audit deanamallery@gmail.com Cisco 1 01-16-2013 02:53 AM
Audit of large Cisco Network me@home.com Cisco 12 02-10-2005 11:08 PM
Cisco 720x network audit Toto Cisco 5 10-08-2004 09:52 AM
LAN network audit Stéph06 Cisco 2 07-12-2004 08:37 PM

Advertisments