Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > how to close down norton and remove it from taskmgr

Reply
Thread Tools

how to close down norton and remove it from taskmgr

 
 
nondisputandum.com - honest software - famous freeware
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-02-2004
I can close down all active progs in taskmgr but Norton 2004 wont let
it be closed down,... what is necessairy to run a benchmark
(winstone)... i've closed down all options in norton, disconnedted pc
from router,.. but it remains active in taskmgr,... who knows howto
fully close down NAVAPCVC.EXE (what I assume is Norton)
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
crisp
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-02-2004
just end the process in the task manager

"nondisputandum.com - honest software - famous freeware"
<webmasterX@XnondisputandumXdotXcom> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I can close down all active progs in taskmgr but Norton 2004 wont let
> it be closed down,... what is necessairy to run a benchmark
> (winstone)... i've closed down all options in norton, disconnedted pc
> from router,.. but it remains active in taskmgr,... who knows howto
> fully close down NAVAPCVC.EXE (what I assume is Norton)



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
nondisputandum.com - Freeware, News, Fun
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-02-2004
On Sun, 2 May 2004 15:03:09 +0000 (UTC), "crisp"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>just end the process in the task manager
>
>"nondisputandum.com - honest software - famous freeware"
><webmasterX@XnondisputandumXdotXcom> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I can close down all active progs in taskmgr but Norton 2004 wont let
>> it be closed down,... what is necessairy to run a benchmark
>> (winstone)... i've closed down all options in norton, disconnedted pc
>> from router,.. but it remains active in taskmgr,... who knows howto
>> fully close down NAVAPCVC.EXE (what I assume is Norton)

>


That's the problem,.. it won't allow... all other progs do... I did
find that ya know
--
_____________________________________
>> www.NONDISPUTANDUM.com <<

99,5% honest F R E E W A R E
0,5% indisputable otherware
revieuws, feeds, fun & links
_____________________________________
 
Reply With Quote
 
*Vanguard*
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-02-2004
"nondisputandum.com - Freeware, News, Fun" said in
news:(E-Mail Removed):
> On Sun, 2 May 2004 15:03:09 +0000 (UTC), "crisp"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> just end the process in the task manager
>>
>> "nondisputandum.com - honest software - famous freeware"
>> <webmasterX@XnondisputandumXdotXcom> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I can close down all active progs in taskmgr but Norton 2004 wont
>>> let it be closed down,... what is necessairy to run a benchmark
>>> (winstone)... i've closed down all options in norton, disconnedted
>>> pc from router,.. but it remains active in taskmgr,... who knows
>>> howto fully close down NAVAPCVC.EXE (what I assume is Norton)

>>

>
> That's the problem,.. it won't allow... all other progs do... I did
> find that ya know


Stop the Norton and Symantec services.

--
__________________________________________________ __________
*** Post replies to newsgroup. Share with others.
*** Email: domain = ".com" and append "=news=" to Subject.
__________________________________________________ __________
 
Reply With Quote
 
Damjan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-03-2004
> That's the problem,.. it won't allow... all other progs do... I did
> find that ya know


Are you logedin like admin?

Greets
D


 
Reply With Quote
 
NonDisputandum.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-03-2004
On Mon, 3 May 2004 22:32:03 +0200, "Damjan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> That's the problem,.. it won't allow... all other progs do... I did
>> find that ya know

>
>Are you logedin like admin?
>
>Greets
>D
>


yes
--
Freeware revieuws for your Windows PC:
Honest & No Nags: www.NONDISPUTANDUM.com
Protection, Cleaning, Office, Webbuilding,
Newsfeeds, Entertainment, Searching, Music,
Do the internet addiction test!
 
Reply With Quote
 
Damjan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-06-2004
> >> That's the problem,.. it won't allow... all other progs do... I did
> >> find that ya know

> >
> >Are you logedin like admin?
> >
> >Greets
> >D
> >

>
> yes


if you can't stop the sercive.. then set startup type to manual or disabled
and restart your computer.
that must work

greets
D


 
Reply With Quote
 
Mimic
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-06-2004
"NonDisputandum.com" <webmaster_remove@remove_nondisputandum.com> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 3 May 2004 22:32:03 +0200, "Damjan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >> That's the problem,.. it won't allow... all other progs do... I did
> >> find that ya know

> >
> >Are you logedin like admin?
> >
> >Greets
> >D
> >

>
> yes
> --
> Freeware revieuws for your Windows PC:
> Honest & No Nags: www.NONDISPUTANDUM.com
> Protection, Cleaning, Office, Webbuilding,
> Newsfeeds, Entertainment, Searching, Music,
> Do the internet addiction test!


try

taskkill /?

or

tskill /?

from the console, you can kill by PID, which you can view by added the PID
column
to the taskman via "view" - "columns"

--
Mimic

ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ== ( www.hidemyemail.net )
"Without knowledge you have fear. With fear you create your own nightmares."
"Alzheimer's, cheaper than rohypnol"
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary,
and those that dont."
"He who controls Google, controls the world".



 
Reply With Quote
 
NonDisputandum.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-07-2004
On Thu, 6 May 2004 21:08:19 +0100, "Mimic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"NonDisputandum.com" <webmaster_remove@remove_nondisputandum.com> wrote in
>message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Mon, 3 May 2004 22:32:03 +0200, "Damjan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >> That's the problem,.. it won't allow... all other progs do... I did
>> >> find that ya know
>> >
>> >Are you logedin like admin?
>> >
>> >Greets
>> >D
>> >

>>
>> yes
>> --
>> Freeware revieuws for your Windows PC:
>> Honest & No Nags: www.NONDISPUTANDUM.com
>> Protection, Cleaning, Office, Webbuilding,
>> Newsfeeds, Entertainment, Searching, Music,
>> Do the internet addiction test!

>
>try
>
>taskkill /?
>
>or
>
>tskill /?
>
>from the console, you can kill by PID, which you can view by added the PID
>column
>to the taskman via "view" - "columns"


will try
thnx

--
Freeware revieuws, honest, no nags
www.NONDISPUTANDUM.com
protect, clean, office, webbuilding
newsfeeds, entertainment, searching
.... & the internet addiction test!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: How include a large array? Edward A. Falk C Programming 1 04-04-2013 08:07 PM
How to close a TCP socket? (TCPSocket#close doesn't close it) IƱaki Baz Castillo Ruby 7 01-12-2010 01:32 PM
Browser close event (MSIE and FF): how to detect browser close ? pamelafluente@libero.it Javascript 0 01-23-2007 12:44 AM
Norton System Works and Norton Security Conflict dd Computer Security 0 02-03-2005 05:46 PM
Included tiny pic to show norton Problem. (Look inside) - Norton.jpg (0/1) Sleepyz Computer Support 2 08-07-2004 03:03 PM



Advertisments