Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Ce-Infosys Compusec password strenghness

Ce-Infosys Compusec password strenghness

Baratt

Hi,

I am using Ce-Infosys free version. I've noticed that the longest
password is about 20 chars so his "strenghtness" is from about 26 bits
to about 130 bits. Please correct me if I am wrong at anything but:

why use a 256 bit algorithm if the best usable password is less than
130 bits?
does e-identity token guarantee a strongest security?

Mario.

Baratt

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Baratt) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hi,
>
> I am using Ce-Infosys free version. I've noticed that the longest
> password is about 20 chars so his "strenghtness" is from about 26 bits
> to about 130 bits. Please correct me if I am wrong at anything but:
>
> why use a 256 bit algorithm if the best usable password is less than
> 130 bits?
> does e-identity token guarantee a strongest security?
>
> Mario.

Isn't this the good place for the questions? Is better posting them to
alt.security.scramdisk?