Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Just Curious About PC Attacks.

Just Curious About PC Attacks.

Burnthot

Hi, all. This is just for my own curiosity (and thank you in advance).
I've noticed that the types of "attacks" in Norton Firewall seem to go in
cycles. For the past month, I'm experiencing a majority of MSSQL Stack
Overflow attacks (sometimes 4+ per day). Before that it was port scans,
before that it was something else.

Do spammers/hackers/viruses usually do things in groups like this? I would
expect things to be more random and not happen so much in groups.

Peace.
Brent

Bit Twister

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:56:17 GMT, Burnthot wrote:
> Hi, all. This is just for my own curiosity (and thank you in advance).
> I've noticed that the types of "attacks" in Norton Firewall seem to go in
> cycles.

What you see is just the lastest virus hitting the new ports untill
the antiviurs companies can get a fix out there.

This weeks virus http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?date=2004-04-18

You can watch the top ports here http://www.dshield.org/

kulm_nd

And script kiddies spread the latest code knowing they will find unpatched
systems. Someone creates the code, many steal the code and spread it..

g-w

"Bit Twister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:56:17 GMT, Burnthot wrote:
> > Hi, all. This is just for my own curiosity (and thank you in advance).
> > I've noticed that the types of "attacks" in Norton Firewall seem to go

in
> > cycles.

> What you see is just the lastest virus hitting the new ports untill
> the antiviurs companies can get a fix out there.
>
> This weeks virus http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?date=2004-04-18
>
> You can watch the top ports here http://www.dshield.org/

Just Curious, What Kind Of Garbage Collector Does Sun's JVM Use? res7cxbi@verizon.net Java 2 01-06-2006 11:29 AM
just curious Mike Roberts Wireless Networking 0 11-28-2005 04:31 AM
just curious whitzombi Firefox 2 11-09-2004 03:37 AM
Just curious about &quot;testlets' znakomi MCSE 0 11-03-2003 02:21 PM
OT: Just beeing curious... Wolff MCSE 3 07-07-2003 02:52 PM

Advertisments