Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Best Internet Security Programs?

Best Internet Security Programs?

Just Asking

Virus and Firewall?

Peter James

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 14:58:56 GMT, "Just Asking" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Virus and Firewall?

Avast virus checker and Kerio firewall. Both free for personal use.
--

Peter James
Change AT to @ and dot to . to reply

Damjan

> Virus and Firewall?

Hard to say.. Do you need they for presonal or commercial use?

Greets,

Netuser 58

Take your choice from here: http://www.wilders.org/index.htm

Netuser 58

Just Asking wrote:
> Virus and Firewall?

Dale Simmons

"Just Asking" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QIwgc.112835$(E-Mail Removed) .cable.rogers.com...
> Virus and Firewall?

You know... you are gonna receive a lot of different responses.... all of
which may be good or bad..... you can take people's opinion, but ultimately,
you need to decide for yourself what is best for YOU...

My Opinion:... Avast v4 Home, and ZoneAlarm Free.... (although I do have
ZoneAlarm PRO)

--
Dale

-----
Remove '.magic' and replace 'invalid' with 'net' to reply by email.

Rod S

DiamondCS TDS-3 and ProcessGuard for trojan defence.

have a look at the reviews on my website.
http://www.anti-trojan-security.com

Kind Regards

"Just Asking" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QIwgc.112835$(E-Mail Removed) .cable.rogers.com...
> Virus and Firewall?

Leythos

In article <QIwgc.112835$2oI1.5179
@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Virus and Firewall?

No one can give you a good answer unless you describe your environment -
the answer depends on your infrastructure and what you are protecting.

(E-Mail Removed)
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

Just Asking

Just a home user,

"Just Asking" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QIwgc.112835$(E-Mail Removed) .cable.rogers.com...
> Virus and Firewall?

Starshine Moonbeam

In article
<QIwgc.112835$(E-Mail Removed) le.rogers.com>, "Just
Asking"((E-Mail Removed)) dropped a +5 bundle of words...

> Virus and Firewall?

I have Norton everything. Works well enough for me.

Zone Alarm is pretty good too and it's free (they have a pro/pay version
too)

--
mhm 31x9
Smeeter #28, 29, or 30

"Technology is getting better and that's fine but most of the time,
all you need is a stick of gum, a pocketknife, and a smile."
-- Robert Redford "Spy Game"

"You can run but you'll just die tired and buttered."
-- Ryannosaurus

The Prophecy

Just Asking wrote:
> Virus and Firewall?

All you will get by asking this question is a lot of people's opinions.
Personally, I think Norton Antivirus and Norton Internet Security (both
2004) are best. But, do you want to pay for an Antivirus client and
Firewall? If not, then I would say for the firewall, go with ZoneAlarm
(www.zonelabs.com) and for the Antivirus client go with AVG
(www.grisoft.com)