Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > What can you do?

What can you do?

The Kid

What can you do if you discover a computer with IIS installed and TCP Ports
25, 110, 53 open?

Chad Mahoney

The Kid wrote:
> What can you do if you discover a computer with IIS installed and TCP Ports
> 25, 110, 53 open?

send email ---- port 25
dns query ---- port 53
receive pop email --- port 110

Why?

Leythos

In article <eVdfc.14766$B%(E-Mail Removed)>, vegaj12
@hotmail.com says...
> What can you do if you discover a computer with IIS installed and TCP Ports
> 25, 110, 53 open?

You didn't tell us what environment the PC is in. In a lot of settings
this might be quite normal, in a home it might be a problem.

(Remove 999 to reply to me)

The Kid

is a windows 2000 manchine
"Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <eVdfc.14766$B%(E-Mail Removed)>, vegaj12
> @hotmail.com says...
> > What can you do if you discover a computer with IIS installed and TCP

Ports
> > 25, 110, 53 open?

> You didn't tell us what environment the PC is in. In a lot of settings
> this might be quite normal, in a home it might be a problem.

> (E-Mail Removed)
> (Remove 999 to reply to me)

Colonel Flagg

In article <eVdfc.14766$B%(E-Mail Removed)>, vegaj12
@hotmail.com says...
> What can you do if you discover a computer with IIS installed and TCP Ports
> 25, 110, 53 open?

what can I do? i'd call it a server.

next?

--