Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Security & Privacy Settings - Precedence

Security & Privacy Settings - Precedence

Steve Pine

I am running the latest versions of IE 6, Avant Browser,
SpywareBlaster, Spybot, Zone Alarm Pro and XP Home on a Compaq Presario
6300US.

The first five have the capability of contolling popup ads, cookies,
flash, java, active X, etc.

Which program has primary control? Do I have to set each the same? . .
.. . or what?

kulm_nd

They have different duties. Zone Alarm is the top priority, even IE cannot
communicate to the Internet unless you tell ZA to let it. Spybot protects a
few IE settings and the Hosts file but it is not running in the background
so it is the lowest.

Stop using IE and you can control popups and cookies without all the others
running, Mozilla and Opera both have capabilities IE will not have until the
new XP Service Pack comes out (May 28th I beleieve).

g-w

newsADbc.7370$(E-Mail Removed)...