Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > ZoneAlarm Flaw ?

ZoneAlarm Flaw ?

Jim Watt

My version of ZA seems to work ok, but one of my friends who has a
later version reports that it screws his ability to fill in response
forms on his website.

On testing I can use his resonse forms fine. It seems ZA is doing
something nasty with what is returned to the .pl script.

Anyone come across this and have ideas about it ???
--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

Mimic

"Jim Watt" <(E-Mail Removed)_way> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My version of ZA seems to work ok, but one of my friends who has a
> later version reports that it screws his ability to fill in response
> forms on his website.
>
> On testing I can use his resonse forms fine. It seems ZA is doing
> something nasty with what is returned to the .pl script.
>
> Anyone come across this and have ideas about it ???
> --
> Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

Nope, I run ZAp, the latest-1 afaik, forms aint a problem.
ZAp offers popup bloking whereby it inserts JS into the pages
maybe the ad/popup/cookie settings is casuing his prob?

--
Mimic

ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ== ( www.hidemyemail.net )
"Alzheimer's, cheaper than rohypnol"
and those that dont."

Jim Watt

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 03:20:37 -0000, "Mimic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Jim Watt" <(E-Mail Removed)_way> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> My version of ZA seems to work ok, but one of my friends who has a
>> later version reports that it screws his ability to fill in response
>> forms on his website.
>>
>> On testing I can use his resonse forms fine. It seems ZA is doing
>> something nasty with what is returned to the .pl script.
>>
>> Anyone come across this and have ideas about it ???
>> --
>> Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

>Nope, I run ZAp, the latest-1 afaik, forms aint a problem.
>ZAp offers popup bloking whereby it inserts JS into the pages
>maybe the ad/popup/cookie settings is casuing his prob?

Well the client reports that resonses to his mail form (which I
wrote the script for) have fallen off to nil.

I test it from here using ZA 3.7.2 and its fine, with his
(newer) version it screws up. I bought ZA Pro but had
other problems with it and abandoned it.

Its hard to believe there is a general problem as so much
of the net depends on forms.
--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

Mimic

"Jim Watt" <(E-Mail Removed)_way> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 03:20:37 -0000, "Mimic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >"Jim Watt" <(E-Mail Removed)_way> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> My version of ZA seems to work ok, but one of my friends who has a
> >> later version reports that it screws his ability to fill in response
> >> forms on his website.
> >>
> >> On testing I can use his resonse forms fine. It seems ZA is doing
> >> something nasty with what is returned to the .pl script.
> >>
> >> Anyone come across this and have ideas about it ???
> >> --
> >> Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

> >Nope, I run ZAp, the latest-1 afaik, forms aint a problem.
> >ZAp offers popup bloking whereby it inserts JS into the pages
> >maybe the ad/popup/cookie settings is casuing his prob?

> Well the client reports that resonses to his mail form (which I
> wrote the script for) have fallen off to nil.
>
> I test it from here using ZA 3.7.2 and its fine, with his
> (newer) version it screws up. I bought ZA Pro but had
> other problems with it and abandoned it.
>
> Its hard to believe there is a general problem as so much
> of the net depends on forms.
> --
> Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

Is indeed interesting, i run ZAp 4.5.*
Id be inclined to think its his antipopup/ad settings. I forget
what ZAs is like, but ZAp has like a million options heh
No extra s/w runing like other anti-ad stuff?