Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Home Page

Home Page

vb

My normal Home Page has been taken over by Best Search Engine:
http://gkicp.info/index.php?aid=227

No matter what I do (I have reset my home page back to my original) but
when I reboot the Best Search Engine shows up again as my home page.
How do I get rid of it?????

Will Dormann

vb wrote:
> My normal Home Page has been taken over by Best Search Engine:
> http://gkicp.info/index.php?aid=227
>

> No matter what I do (I have reset my home page back to my original) but
> when I reboot the Best Search Engine shows up again as my home page.
> How do I get rid of it?????

Run ad-aware and spybot.

-WD

johns

> Run ad-aware and spybot.

Won't work. Neither program gets the dropper.
Why don't they fix that?

johns

Rick Rowe

You have been ' hijacked '.
Do a google on hijack and the home page.
You need a special spybot and adaware progs.
Your registry is your biggest problem.
FYI, Rick

"johns" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c08u24$co3$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > Run ad-aware and spybot.

> Won't work. Neither program gets the dropper.
> Why don't they fix that?
>
> johns

vb

Thanks, i'll try that

V.B.

"Rick Rowe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0av0v$qqj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> You have been ' hijacked '.
> Do a google on hijack and the home page.
> You need a special spybot and adaware progs.
> Your registry is your biggest problem.
> FYI, Rick
>

> "johns" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c08u24$co3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > > Run ad-aware and spybot.

> > Won't work. Neither program gets the dropper.
> > Why don't they fix that?
> >
> > johns

Unknown

Also check for odd programs listed in add/remove programs. Something similar
happened to a coworker and the problem "program" was actually listed in her
programs list, complete with an uninstall option. No problems since removing
it.

"vb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks, i'll try that
>
> V.B.
>
> "Rick Rowe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c0av0v$qqj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You have been ' hijacked '.
> > Do a google on hijack and the home page.
> > You need a special spybot and adaware progs.
> > Your registry is your biggest problem.
> > FYI, Rick
> >

> > "johns" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:c08u24$co3$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > Won't work. Neither program gets the dropper.
> > > Why don't they fix that?
> > >
> > > johns

Unknown

It seemed there was a freeware or utlitity of some sort that takes care of
this too. I did a quick search and came across this
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4086.html but haven't used it myself. It
may get you going in the right direction at least.

"Unknown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1asXb.37921$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Also check for odd programs listed in add/remove programs. Something

similar
> happened to a coworker and the problem "program" was actually listed in

her
> programs list, complete with an uninstall option. No problems since

removing
> it.
>

> "vb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thanks, i'll try that
> >
> > V.B.
> >
> > "Rick Rowe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:c0av0v$qqj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > You have been ' hijacked '.
> > > Do a google on hijack and the home page.
> > > You need a special spybot and adaware progs.
> > > Your registry is your biggest problem.
> > > FYI, Rick
> > >

> > > "johns" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:c08u24$co3$(E-Mail Removed)...

vb

Unknown, thanks!

newsRsXb.67007$(E-Mail Removed). ..