Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Common Extension hijack

Common Extension hijack

A.D.A.

Spybot id this:

Common extension hijack default registry file handler
HKEY_classes_root\regfile\shell\open\command\=rege d.ll"%1"

Is this a real hijack?
This key shows up every time I scan with spybot and it seems to happen
after I installed Kerio and AVG7 to try.

I've tried to go to the Hijack This forums but they load up blank. Don't
know if their sites are down or I messed up with Kerio.

ada

Robin T Cox

"A.D.A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> Common extension hijack default registry file handler
> HKEY_classes_root\regfile\shell\open\command\=rege d.ll"%1"

My register entry (W98SE) for this key is "regedit.exe "%1""
(Note: there's a space between .exe and ")
Try modifying your key to this value, and then reboot.

Possibly your entry has got corrupted.

anikya

Hi,
A.D.A.'s computer is down. She's been told she has to re-install operation
system because some virus thought cleaned seem to have killed all her usb
ports.
She says to thank you for helping her with this common extension hijack
thing.

anikya, her neighbor

"Robin T Cox" <(E-Mail Removed)> 在郵件
news:Xns948A9DEA0916Crobin2803@62.253.162.115 中撰寫...

"anikya" <anikya@faked_anikya.com> wrote in

> Hi,
> A.D.A.'s computer is down. She's been told she has to re-install
> operation system because some virus thought cleaned seem to have
> killed all her usb ports.
> She says to thank you for helping her with this common extension
> hijack thing.
>
> anikya, her neighbor

Hi Anikya,

Hope A.D.A. sorts out her problems soon. When she does, suggest to her that
she reads this article:
http://forums.net-integration.net/in...showtopic=3051

It will help her to avoid getting infected again.

anikya

Will do. Thanks.

"Robin T Cox" <(E-Mail Removed)> 在郵件
news:Xns948C7EF91C2FArobin2803@194.168.222.40 中撰寫...