Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > cisco vlan routing question

cisco vlan routing question

David Kierzkowski

when we just had the 2 switches connected toghter with the trunk the vlans
were unable to talk to each other, this is what we wanted.

we then left the switches connected, and add added the router to one of the
switches
this let the vlans talk to each other.

but when we tried to put the router inbetween the switches nothin worked i
think.

I will be back in class tuesday to try out some of the things that you guys
have posted.

Thanks To all that have helped out so far

-dk

"brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> dave: were the hosts in one vlan able to communicate with another host
> in a different vlan ?
>

> "David K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > in class today we connected 2 cisco switches toghter with 2 host on each
> > switch
> > each host on each side was in vlan 2 and vlan 3.
> > both vlans in there own subnet
> > we configured a trunking port to connect each of them
> > all worked fine for the host in the vlans talking to the host in the

same
> > vlan on the other switch
> > then we tried to put a router in between the switches
> > it was a 2600 with 2 ethernet interfaces
> > we tried to set it up but we could not figure out how to do in ip

addressing