Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Question for someone CISSP certified.

Question for someone CISSP certified.

RXP

I understand that the CISSP certification requires various combinations of
experience and education but I have a question concerning the experience
requirement.

Does the CISSP require you to have some specific experience or more broad
experience in computer security?

For example, I've been a system admin and a DBA for some years
(multi-platform). Both or which required me to read, understand, and
implement the company's computer security requirements. This included most
everything from account management policy to performing audits, identifying
data access needs, backups/recovery, disaster recovery, physical access to
facilities, etc.

Would this experience qualify me to become CISSP certified or are they
looking for something specific? For example, do I have to prove that my work
was specifically devoted to computer security?

Thanks for any advise.

RXP

kulm_nd

http://www.isc2.org/cgi-bin/content.cgi?page=167 says:

Professional experience includes:

a.. Work requiring special education or intellectual attainment, usually
including a liberal education or college degree.
b.. Work requiring habitual memory of a body of knowledge shared with
others doing similar work.
c.. Management of projects and/or other employees.
d.. Supervision of the work of others while working with a minimum of
supervision of one's self.
e.. Work requiring the exercise of judgement, management decision-making,
and discretion.
f.. Work requiring the exercise of ethical judgement (as opposed to
ethical behavior).
g.. Creative writing and oral communication
h.. Teaching, instructing, training and the mentoring of others
i.. Research and development
j.. The specification and selection of controls and mechanisms (i.e.
identification and authentication technology). (It does not include the mere
operation of these controls.)
k.. Applicable titles such as officer, director, manager, leader,
supervisor, analyst, designer, cryptologist, cryptographer, cryptanalyst,
architect, engineer, instructor, professor, investigator, consultant,
salesman, representative, etc. Title may include programmer. It may include
administrator except where it applies to one who simply operates controls
under the authority and supervision of others. Titles with the words "coder"
or "operator" are likely excluded.

g-w

news:(E-Mail Removed)...