Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Threatening Virus

Threatening Virus

Jim Watt

Oh my they are issuing threats in the name of the FBI now - would
sound more convincing if it were the RIAA or the Mafia.

This one just arrived to make a change from Nigerian offers etc.

<begin message text>

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Downloading of Movies, MP3s and Software is illegal and punishable by
law.

We hereby inform you that your computer was scanned under the IP
193.182.67.75 . The contents of your computer were confiscated as an
evidence, and you will be indicated.
In the next days you will receive the charge in writing.
In the Reference code: #33910, are all files, that we found on your
computer.

The sender address of this mail was masked, to fend off mail bombs.

- You get more detailed information by the Federal Bureau of
Investigation -FBI-
- Department for "Illegal Internet Downloads", Room 7350
- 935 Pennsylvania Avenue
- Washington, DC 20535, USA
- (202) 324-3000

<end message>

From : http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
IP : 80.181.156.58
To : <my email address>
Subject : Preliminary investigation were started

Message attachment stripped.

---
193.182.67.75 would seem to be someone in Sweden.

I think the FBI take exception to people pretending to be
them. Being indicated sounds painful.
--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

Mimic

"Jim Watt" <(E-Mail Removed)_way> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Oh my they are issuing threats in the name of the FBI now - would
> sound more convincing if it were the RIAA or the Mafia.
>
> This one just arrived to make a change from Nigerian offers etc.
>
> <begin message text>

> Ladies and Gentlemen,
> Downloading of Movies, MP3s and Software is illegal and punishable by
> law.
>
> We hereby inform you that your computer was scanned under the IP
> 193.182.67.75 . The contents of your computer were confiscated as an
> evidence, and you will be indicated.
> In the next days you will receive the charge in writing.
> In the Reference code: #33910, are all files, that we found on your
> computer.
>
> The sender address of this mail was masked, to fend off mail bombs.
>

> - You get more detailed information by the Federal Bureau of
> Investigation -FBI-
> - Department for "Illegal Internet Downloads", Room 7350
> - 935 Pennsylvania Avenue
> - Washington, DC 20535, USA
> - (202) 324-3000
>
> <end message>
>
> From : (E-Mail Removed)
> IP : 80.181.156.58
> To : <my email address>
> Subject : Preliminary investigation were started
>
> Message attachment stripped.
>
> ---
> 193.182.67.75 would seem to be someone in Sweden.
>
> I think the FBI take exception to people pretending to be
> them. Being indicated sounds painful.
> --
> Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

Yeah impersonating a federal whatever, is some serious **** hehe, they are
so
gunna get an ass raping

--
Mimic

and those that dont."

Jim Watt

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 15:15:02 -0000, "Mimic"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> I think the FBI take exception to people pretending to be
>> them. Being indicated sounds painful.
>> --
>> Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

>Yeah impersonating a federal whatever, is some serious **** hehe, they are
>so gunna get an ass raping

Well if its really Italian they donna-giva-**** but if I had written
the template I would have mentioned the RIAA and Kazza to
scare people. And if anyone can scan my PC they are
pretty good not even tr...er could manage that ...
--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

sonia mira castaño

no, my computer station