Subject: A Trojan horse is on your PC
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:50:27 -0500 (EST)

hi, I am from Belgium and you'll don't believe me,
but a trojan horse in on your pc.
I've scanned the network-ports on the internet. (I know, that's
illegal)
And I have found your pc. Your pc is open on the internet for
everybody!
Because the smss.exe trojan is running on your system.
Check this, open the task manager and try to stop that!
You'll see, you can't stop this trojan.
When you use win98/me you can't see the trojan!!

On my system was this trojan, too!
And I've found a tool to kill that bad thing.
I hope that I've helped you!

greets

</bullshit>

<google info>
smss - smss.exe - Process Information
Process File: smss or smss.exe
Process Name: Session Manager Subsystem
sessions or client sessions under Terminal Server.
Company: Microsoft Corp.
System Process: Yes
Security Risk ( Virus/Trojan/Worm/Adware/Spyware ): No
</google info>

But why I ask myself am I running a program for terminal services ?

I have no idea what was in the attachment as they all get deleted
but undoubtedly it was not chocolates and I don't believe him nor
is Belgium on EST

Worth mentioning this one to your know-it-all users, the ones who
deleted sulfnbk.exe and jbdgmgr.exe when some anonymous person
told them to do so.
--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

Joey Johnson

It's amazing how many people actually open attachments, exe's at that, from
people they don't even know. You would think that common sense would prevent
this. Now, execute the file I attached to this message and your PC will live
forever.

"Jim Watt" <(E-Mail Removed)_way> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just got the following email, guess they are coming your ways soon ...
>
> <bullshit>
> Subject: A Trojan horse is on your PC
> Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:50:27 -0500 (EST)

> hi, I am from Belgium and you'll don't believe me,
> but a trojan horse in on your pc.
> I've scanned the network-ports on the internet. (I know, that's
> illegal)
> And I have found your pc. Your pc is open on the internet for
> everybody!
> Because the smss.exe trojan is running on your system.
> Check this, open the task manager and try to stop that!
> You'll see, you can't stop this trojan.
> When you use win98/me you can't see the trojan!!
>
> On my system was this trojan, too!
> And I've found a tool to kill that bad thing.
> I hope that I've helped you!
>
> greets

> </bullshit>
>
> <google info>
> smss - smss.exe - Process Information
> Process File: smss or smss.exe
> Process Name: Session Manager Subsystem
> sessions or client sessions under Terminal Server.
> Company: Microsoft Corp.
> System Process: Yes
> Security Risk ( Virus/Trojan/Worm/Adware/Spyware ): No
> </google info>
>
> But why I ask myself am I running a program for terminal services ?
>
> I have no idea what was in the attachment as they all get deleted
> but undoubtedly it was not chocolates and I don't believe him nor
> is Belgium on EST
>
> Worth mentioning this one to your know-it-all users, the ones who
> deleted sulfnbk.exe and jbdgmgr.exe when some anonymous person
> told them to do so.
> --
> Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

David H. Lipman

Jim:

remove-smss-patch.exe -- contained what virus ?

Dave

"Jim Watt" <(E-Mail Removed)_way> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Just got the following email, guess they are coming your ways soon ...
|
| <bullshit>
| Subject: A Trojan horse is on your PC
| Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:50:27 -0500 (EST)

| hi, I am from Belgium and you'll don't believe me,
| but a trojan horse in on your pc.
| I've scanned the network-ports on the internet. (I know, that's
| illegal)
| And I have found your pc. Your pc is open on the internet for
| everybody!
| Because the smss.exe trojan is running on your system.
| Check this, open the task manager and try to stop that!
| You'll see, you can't stop this trojan.
| When you use win98/me you can't see the trojan!!
|
| On my system was this trojan, too!
| And I've found a tool to kill that bad thing.
| I hope that I've helped you!
|
| greets

| </bullshit>
|
| <google info>
| smss - smss.exe - Process Information
| Process File: smss or smss.exe
| Process Name: Session Manager Subsystem
| sessions or client sessions under Terminal Server.
| Company: Microsoft Corp.
| System Process: Yes
| Security Risk ( Virus/Trojan/Worm/Adware/Spyware ): No
| </google info>
|
| But why I ask myself am I running a program for terminal services ?
|
| I have no idea what was in the attachment as they all get deleted
| but undoubtedly it was not chocolates and I don't believe him nor
| is Belgium on EST
|
| Worth mentioning this one to your know-it-all users, the ones who
| deleted sulfnbk.exe and jbdgmgr.exe when some anonymous person
| told them to do so.
| --
| Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

Jim Watt

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:20:28 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>Jim:
>
>remove-smss-patch.exe -- contained what virus ?

dunno my mail system automatically strips all executable
attachments and sends a message about it.

Its safer, as although I might be interested there are
others who might be stupid.

--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com