Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Router security question

Router security question

GOOP

Hello I have a question about an option in my router settings. If I enable
the "virtual DMZ host" option in the router but have sygate firewall on all
the computers on the network is that just as safe? I have to use this option
because a game I have wont connect unless it is enabled.

Dan

"GOOP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:exnNb.8031$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hello I have a question about an option in my router settings. If I enable
> the "virtual DMZ host" option in the router but have sygate firewall on

all
> the computers on the network is that just as safe? I have to use this

option
> because a game I have wont connect unless it is enabled.

What game is it? Why don't you just setup port forwarding on your router
for the port that the game uses? That's what I do so that I can host a
quake3 server on my machine.