Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Request to the Usenet community

Request to the Usenet community

Alan P

This has probably been posted before.. but in case it hasn't:

http://www.againsttcpa.com

sponge

"Alan P" <alan@(nojunkplease)alancode.net> wrote in message news:<btvbqn$dre$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> This has probably been posted before.. but in case it hasn't:
>
> http://www.againsttcpa.com

Yep, got that on my site.
Hey, read up on the problems people have been having with Norton stuff
- because of Symantec's version of TCPA.

Sponge
Sponge's Security Site
www.geocities.com/yosponge
My new email yosponge two at yahoo dot com replace the two with the
number

sponge

"Alan P" <alan@(nojunkplease)alancode.net> wrote in message news:<btvbqn$dre$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> This has probably been posted before.. but in case it hasn't:
>
> http://www.againsttcpa.com

Yep, got that on my site.
Hey, read up on the problems people have been having with Norton stuff
- because of Symantec's version of TCPA.

Sponge
Sponge's Security Site
www.geocities.com/yosponge
My new email yosponge two at yahoo dot com replace the two with the
number

Jim Watt

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:49:43 +0000 (UTC), "Alan P"
<alan@(nojunkplease)alancode.net> wrote:

>This has probably been posted before.. but in case it hasn't:
>
>http://www.againsttcpa.com

if it means an end to Kazza and the <very many expletives deleted>
problem of spyware ****ing the life out of commercial machines it
may not be +such+ a bad thing ...;

Peraps we could then get down to business instead of play

--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

Alan P

Have you heard some of the broader implications though?

Like no non-licensed users being able to compile any programs? (All
compilers will be protected so you will need to have a registered ID in
order to use them)

And features such as the remote-disabling of programs.. well...

"Jim Watt" <(E-Mail Removed)_way> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:49:43 +0000 (UTC), "Alan P"
> <alan@(nojunkplease)alancode.net> wrote:
>
> >This has probably been posted before.. but in case it hasn't:
> >
> >http://www.againsttcpa.com

> if it means an end to Kazza and the <very many expletives deleted>
> problem of spyware ****ing the life out of commercial machines it
> may not be +such+ a bad thing ...;
>
> Peraps we could then get down to business instead of play
>
> --
> Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

Alan P

Me too

Don't think I could have made it any more prominent

http://alancode.net

"sponge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Alan P" <alan@(nojunkplease)alancode.net> wrote in message

news:<btvbqn$dre$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > This has probably been posted before.. but in case it hasn't:
> >
> > http://www.againsttcpa.com

> Yep, got that on my site.
> Hey, read up on the problems people have been having with Norton stuff
> - because of Symantec's version of TCPA.
>
> Sponge
> Sponge's Security Site
> www.geocities.com/yosponge
> My new email yosponge two at yahoo dot com replace the two with the
> number

johns

I agree totally. Frankly, I would like to slap the ****
out of some jerk sending poop to my machine on my
job. I really hope this ID process goes through. I
want to get these bastards in a court of law, and just
maybe down a back alley. I have no sympathy at all
with those who will not take this business seriously.
Their naive attitude has brought this on everybody.

johns

Jim Watt

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:40:41 +0000 (UTC), "Alan P"
<alan@(nojunkplease)alancode.net> wrote:

>Have you heard some of the broader implications though?
>
>Like no non-licensed users being able to compile any programs? (All
>compilers will be protected so you will need to have a registered ID in
>order to use them)
>
>And features such as the remote-disabling of programs.. well...

Something needs to be done to provide a secure computing
environment that is protected against rubbishware.

In the end the market will decide, and if what is available is not
what people want, someone will make it.

The US Government does not control the world, and if they
want to give their businesses an anticompetitive burden, all
the better for the EU and China.

--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

Alan P

I have to say I am appalled! I would never have thought I'd see someone
posting *in favour* of TCPA

"johns" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bu2gr7$2vl8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I agree totally. Frankly, I would like to slap the ****
> out of some jerk sending poop to my machine on my
> job. I really hope this ID process goes through. I
> want to get these bastards in a court of law, and just
> maybe down a back alley. I have no sympathy at all
> with those who will not take this business seriously.
> Their naive attitude has brought this on everybody.
>
> johns

John

Alan P wrote:

> I have to say I am appalled! I would never have thought I'd see someone
> posting *in favour* of TCPA

Against: I would not ever let it into my home PCs.
For: I think it is very much necessary in the office.

my2cts.com
John