Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Trojan Horse is More Damaging then a Virus

Reply
Thread Tools

Trojan Horse is More Damaging then a Virus

 
 
Mimic
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-11-2004
"Dalt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:btrrlr$sls$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Note she makes no attempt to address the "delusional" issue....then posts
> positive reinforcement of the delusion to cover herself with a ficticious
> account of an FBI report.(Most likely just a click on the npicc web site)
> More reinforcement by suggesting the other chap is "jelous" thereby once
> again reinforcing her self image that she is somehow more adept at IT
> matters than the poster.
> The constant reference to herself as "Babe" also suggests she has serious
> issues either about her own personality or image to others or at least how
> she is perceived by others.This would also account for the "beefs old

lady"
> sig she decided to try out as a way of openly suggesting to people she is

in
> a relationship thereby increasing others opinion of her as a potential
> partner or partner(able) individual.
> It's a little akin to placing ones fingers in the ears and singing "la la

la
> la" when you don't want to hear what's going on...
>
> It's a waste of time trying to reason with her...the old adage of "Horses
> and water" springs to mind..no matter..it will all come crashing down
> eventually..(probably with the old soldier of "sorry to inform everybody

but
> "the tracker" was involved in a horrendous car wreck today while persuing

a
> cyber criminal on behalf of the FBI") followed by the reappearance of
> another individual who will go on about "taking over the flag from the

late
> great tracker" thereby perpetuating the entire myth or story again...
>
> It wouldn't be so bad if even 10% of her information was accurate...iut
> simply isn't though..
>
> Oh well..glad I live in England now...
>
> cheers Dalt
>
> "Tracker" <"snailmail(valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> >
> > \"Crash\" Dummy wrote:
> >
> > > >Once again, I'm amazed at the level of spite and villitude that a

> simple
> > > >post by this person can generate. True, it's kind of like a

> kindergarten
> > > >student trying to give a lecture to 12th grade, but put it in

> perspective
> > > >and the level of response is way too high.
> > >
> > > If this were here first or second post, I would agree with you one

> hundred
> > > percent. But Tracker is our resident whacko. She has been posing as a

> security
> > > expert for it seems like years, posting mindless drivel. No amount of

> feedback,
> > > subtle or frank, reaches her. She's like the Eveready Bunny. She just

> keeps
> > > going and going.
> > > --
> > > Dave "Crash" Dummy - A weapon of mass destruction
> > > http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)?subject=Techtalk (Do not alter!)
> > > http://lists.gpick.com

> >


Yuh i do agree with you, but she can be useful as light relief
(no pun intended )

--
Mimic

"Without knowledge you have fear. With fear you create your own nightmares."
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary,
and those that dont."
"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero".



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mimic
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-11-2004
"± Žete ±" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 17:21:06 GMT, whilst in NewsFroup

alt.computer.security,
> Leythos <(E-Mail Removed)> articulated the following sentiments :
>
> >In article <btrrlr$sls$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> >says...
> >> It's a waste of time trying to reason with her

> >
> >Exactly, Just find the part of the TOS that she's violating and report
> >her to the ISP. I've managed to get her kicked three times in the last
> >three months
> >
> >If she had half a clue she would just leave, but she keeps hanging
> >herself.

>
> With 33 replies to her original poast (at the time of writing here, just

in
> alt.computer.security), she's getting the attention she wants. Yes, I am
> guilty too. Until we *all* stop replying, me included, the poasts will
> continue I'm sure.
>
> However, keep up the good work.
>
> Egrads,
>
> Pete.
>


Yeah, the trouble is that thes eplaces have random people passing through
all the time
There will always be at least one person that replies and thats all she
needs.

--
Mimic

"Without knowledge you have fear. With fear you create your own nightmares."
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary,
and those that dont."
"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero".



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Tracker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-11-2004


Mimic wrote:

> "Pictures" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/security/trojan.html
> >
> > Some of you people might want to check out this website because if your
> > on a Windows Platform and you didn't disable the Windows Services which
> > are left open by Microsoft and then installed a Firewall, your computer
> > has a high risk of hosting a Trojan Horse and a Backdoor.
> >
> > Tracker
> >

>
> How about you tell us which services we should disable , what they do, and
> why ?


I only deal with computer victims which are running Backdoors and Trojan Horses
already on their computers. They don't need to know which Windows Services to
disable and why because the malicious hackers are already abusing Networks,
Servers and trading guns, drugs, bombs, etc.

>
> And yet AGAIN, your retarded commenst are flawed. You can disabled all the
> services your want, you can install
> all the firewalls you want, it wont affect whether you you can HOST a
> trojan.
> Downloading stuff off P2P apps gives you a higher risk of HOSTING a trojan.
> Disabling services and
> installing firewalls wont protect you from HOSTING them you stupid ****
>
> --
> Mimic


Thanks for the nice compliment and name calling just makes me a stronger
advocate to help Corporations and Companies.

Tracker

 
Reply With Quote
 
Mimic
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-11-2004
"Tracker" <"snailmail(valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>
> FromTheRafters wrote:
>
> > "donutbandit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:btplmg$jlr$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > > There seems to be no possible way to transmit malware inside an MP3.

> >
> > Malicious code can be "transmitted" in most any filetype.

>
> Thank You for posting them intelligent words. Do you want to exchange

some filetypes for
> your future knowledge?
>
> http://geocities.com/hacking_internet_secrets
> Tracker
>


Yes please. You go first

--
Mimic

"Without knowledge you have fear. With fear you create your own nightmares."
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary,
and those that dont."
"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero".



 
Reply With Quote
 
Tracker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-11-2004


Mimic wrote:

> "Tim H." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:GPNLb.13008$xy6.34219@attbi_s02...
> >
> > "Pictures" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/security/trojan.html
> > >
> > > Some of you people might want to check out this website because if your
> > > on a Windows Platform and you didn't disable the Windows Services which
> > > are left open by Microsoft and then installed a Firewall, your computer
> > > has a high risk of hosting a Trojan Horse and a Backdoor.

> >
> > "..because if your on a..." - Your=You're (contraction for you are).
> >
> > Good advice on the page, but it doesn't substantiate your claim(s). You

> and
> > Steve Gibson would go great together! FUD..
> >
> > -Tim
> >
> > >

>
> Its bad advice, she is misleading people into thinking that by disabling
> services and installing a firewall,
> there is less chance of them hosting a trojan.
>
> --
> Mimic
>
> "Without knowledge you have fear. With fear you create your own nightmares."
> "There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary,
> and those that dont."
> "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero".


You don't understand my hacker buddy. I only deal with computer victims and how
Backdoors, Trojan Horses and Viruses appear on their computer is the "LEAST" of
their problems since their computer is already infected. DAMN IT, your ****ing
me off.

Tracker

 
Reply With Quote
 
Tracker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-11-2004


donutbandit wrote:

> "Mimic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Downloading stuff off P2P apps gives you a higher risk of HOSTING a
> > trojan. Disabling services and
> > installing firewalls wont protect you from HOSTING them

>
> There really wasn't anything basically wrong with what Tracker said. She
> merely said that a person may have picked up a Trojan before shutting down
> services and installing a firewall, and think they are now secure when they
> aren't.
>
> It's elementary school security stuff, grade level 2, but still a large
> percentage of the computer using world wouldn't even know about it or
> understand it.
>
> The web page was simplistic as well, but would be of use to a complete know
> nothing newbie.
>
> Downloading stuff off P2P is admittedly risky unless you download MP3 only.
> There seems to be no possible way to transmit malware inside an MP3. If
> there was, somebody would surely have found it by now.
>
> Once again, I'm amazed at the level of spite and villitude that a simple
> post by this person can generate. True, it's kind of like a kindergarten
> student trying to give a lecture to 12th grade, but put it in perspective
> and the level of response is way too high.


If anyone with some logic would take the time to read the piece of the pie
which is posted here you might learn a thing or two.

Tracker
Too much wind in my hair for the day

 
Reply With Quote
 
Tracker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-11-2004


\"Crash\" Dummy wrote:

> >Once again, I'm amazed at the level of spite and villitude that a simple
> >post by this person can generate. True, it's kind of like a kindergarten
> >student trying to give a lecture to 12th grade, but put it in perspective
> >and the level of response is way too high.

>
> If this were here first or second post, I would agree with you one hundred
> percent. But Tracker is our resident whacko. She has been posing as a security
> expert for it seems like years, posting mindless drivel. No amount of feedback,
> subtle or frank, reaches her. She's like the Eveready Bunny. She just keeps
> going and going.
> --
> Dave "Crash" Dummy - A weapon of mass destruction
> (E-Mail Removed)?subject=Techtalk (Do not alter!)
> http://lists.gpick.com


Why insult a whacko without proving me wrong? Your jealous because my facts are
true and real and my time is spend helping others secure their Computers, Networks
and Servers.

Don't forget one of my Major accomplishments was letting CERT and the FBI know
about all the Backdoors on France Telecom Networks and Servers. Yea, the malicious
hackers were majorly ****ed at me, but this babe won't ever forget this
accomplishment.

Tracker

 
Reply With Quote
 
Tracker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-11-2004


FromTheRafters wrote:

> "donutbandit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:btplmg$jlr$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > There seems to be no possible way to transmit malware inside an MP3.

>
> Malicious code can be "transmitted" in most any filetype.


Thank You for posting them intelligent words. Do you want to exchange some filetypes for
your future knowledge?

http://geocities.com/hacking_internet_secrets
Tracker

 
Reply With Quote
 
Mimic
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-11-2004
"Tracker" <"snailmail(valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>
> Mimic wrote:
>
> > "Pictures" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/security/trojan.html
> > >
> > > Some of you people might want to check out this website because if

your
> > > on a Windows Platform and you didn't disable the Windows Services

which
> > > are left open by Microsoft and then installed a Firewall, your

computer
> > > has a high risk of hosting a Trojan Horse and a Backdoor.
> > >
> > > Tracker
> > >

> >
> > How about you tell us which services we should disable , what they do,

and
> > why ?

>
> I only deal with computer victims which are running Backdoors and Trojan

Horses
> already on their computers. They don't need to know which Windows

Services to
> disable and why because the malicious hackers are already abusing

Networks,
> Servers and trading guns, drugs, bombs, etc.
>
>


I think that is a clear admission you dont know what you are talking about.
You say you want to help people secure their computers, yet, despite saying
that in order to secure a computer certain services could do with being
disabled,
you think that this doesnt matter.

This is conclusive evidence that you dont know anything about computer
security
and that you dont not want to help people secure their computers

--
Mimic

"Without knowledge you have fear. With fear you create your own nightmares."
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary,
and those that dont."
"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero".



 
Reply With Quote
 
Mimic
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-11-2004
"Tracker" <"snailmail(valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Nope, this babe has the proof and the facts, it's just that many of you
> haven't had exposure to two + years with hackers on your Windows Platform

and
> watching and tracking it all.


** Thats completly true tracker, i cant imagine anyone in here who has had
their computer/s
hacked for 2.5 yrs, you know why ? Because we know how to secure computers.
Youve
had all this experience, because you dont know.

> I've had many security personal ask me for my
> proof and they have been send this information.


** Please provide us with a record of when and who you have sent this proof
too.
Because you certainly havent proved to anyone on usenet your claims are
true.

> Many of the members here
> know that Tracker won't back down because we "The Trackers" have all the
> backing we need. You might want to purchase my book and actually read it.
>
> Tracker
>


And where can we get this book ?

--
Mimic

"Without knowledge you have fear. With fear you create your own nightmares."
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary,
and those that dont."
"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero".



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Any AVG Anti-Virus Users: Trojan Horse Back Door Quest., Please Robert11 Computer Support 8 03-01-2005 11:06 PM
Trojan horse virus Phyloe Computer Support 33 10-22-2004 02:21 PM
"Startpage.DM" - Trojan Horse Virus FraserPass Computer Support 0 03-07-2004 09:59 PM
Re: AVG can't eliminate Trojan Horse virus PhilGreg Computer Support 0 08-08-2003 11:30 PM
Re: AVG can't eliminate Trojan Horse virus bb3 Computer Support 0 08-08-2003 09:56 PM



Advertisments