Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Trojan Horse is More Damaging then a Virus

Trojan Horse is More Damaging then a Virus

Duane Arnold

Tracker <"snailmail(valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Duane Arnold wrote:
>
>> Tracker <"snailmail(valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>> > I only deal with computer victims which are running Backdoors and
>> > Trojan Horses already on their computers. They don't need to know
>> > which Windows Services to disable and why because the malicious
>> > hackers are already abusing Networks, Servers and trading guns,
>> > drugs, bombs, etc.

>> > Thanks for the nice compliment and name calling just makes me a
>> > stronger advocate to help Corporations and Companies.
>> >
>> > Tracker
>> >

>> Like I told you before Tracker, you got guts. If you would just learn
>> to make the adjustments that some of the *Top Guns* are telling you
>> are the facts, it would be much better for you. Your heart is in the
>> right place, I'll give you that.
>>
>> Duane

> Nope, this babe has the proof and the facts, it's just that many of
> you haven't had exposure to two + years with hackers on your Windows
> Platform and watching and tracking it all. I've had many security
> personal ask me for my proof and they have been send this
> information. Many of the members here know that Tracker won't back
> down because we "The Trackers" have all the backing we need. You
> might want to purchase my book and actually read it.
>
> Tracker

And that's your problem here Tracker is that you don't listen and you're
too arrogant to make the adjustments. I guess having that *book*, if it
exist, has slowed you down a bit with the global posts. I guess you'll
continue making posts and getting *hammered*.

Duane

Cap

donutbandit <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<btplmg$jlr$(E-Mail Removed)>...

> There really wasn't anything basically wrong with what Tracker said. She
> merely said that a person may have picked up a Trojan before shutting down
> services and installing a firewall, and think they are now secure when they
> aren't.
>
> It's elementary school security stuff, grade level 2, but still a large
> percentage of the computer using world wouldn't even know about it or
> understand it.
>
> The web page was simplistic as well, but would be of use to a complete know
> nothing newbie.
>
> Downloading stuff off P2P is admittedly risky unless you download MP3 only.
> There seems to be no possible way to transmit malware inside an MP3. If
> there was, somebody would surely have found it by now.
>
> Once again, I'm amazed at the level of spite and villitude that a simple
> post by this person can generate. True, it's kind of like a kindergarten
> student trying to give a lecture to 12th grade, but put it in perspective
> and the level of response is way too high.

Want a clue into the person that is Debbie Gambriele, alias Tracker?
http://www.sand-n-sea.us/debbiesdrival.htm

Ant

"Cap" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...
> Tracker <"snailmail(valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote...

>> Tracker
>> Too much wind in my hair for the day

> Too much wind blowing through your ears you mean...

Or she has her head up her arse.

Dalt

Note she makes no attempt to address the "delusional" issue....then posts
positive reinforcement of the delusion to cover herself with a ficticious
account of an FBI report.(Most likely just a click on the npicc web site)
More reinforcement by suggesting the other chap is "jelous" thereby once
again reinforcing her self image that she is somehow more adept at IT
matters than the poster.
The constant reference to herself as "Babe" also suggests she has serious
issues either about her own personality or image to others or at least how
she is perceived by others.This would also account for the "beefs old lady"
sig she decided to try out as a way of openly suggesting to people she is in
a relationship thereby increasing others opinion of her as a potential
partner or partner(able) individual.
It's a little akin to placing ones fingers in the ears and singing "la la la
la" when you don't want to hear what's going on...

It's a waste of time trying to reason with her...the old adage of "Horses
and water" springs to mind..no matter..it will all come crashing down
eventually..(probably with the old soldier of "sorry to inform everybody but
"the tracker" was involved in a horrendous car wreck today while persuing a
cyber criminal on behalf of the FBI") followed by the reappearance of
another individual who will go on about "taking over the flag from the late
great tracker" thereby perpetuating the entire myth or story again...

It wouldn't be so bad if even 10% of her information was accurate...iut
simply isn't though..

Oh well..glad I live in England now...

cheers Dalt

"Tracker" <"snailmail(valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> \"Crash\" Dummy wrote:
>
> > >Once again, I'm amazed at the level of spite and villitude that a

simple
> > >post by this person can generate. True, it's kind of like a

kindergarten
> > >student trying to give a lecture to 12th grade, but put it in

perspective
> > >and the level of response is way too high.

> > If this were here first or second post, I would agree with you one

hundred
> > percent. But Tracker is our resident whacko. She has been posing as a

security
> > expert for it seems like years, posting mindless drivel. No amount of

feedback,
> > subtle or frank, reaches her. She's like the Eveready Bunny. She just

keeps
> > going and going.
> > --
> > Dave "Crash" Dummy - A weapon of mass destruction
> > http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)?subject=Techtalk (Do not alter!)
> > http://lists.gpick.com

> Why insult a whacko without proving me wrong? Your jealous because my

facts are
> true and real and my time is spend helping others secure their Computers,

Networks
> and Servers.
>
> Don't forget one of my Major accomplishments was letting CERT and the FBI

know
> about all the Backdoors on France Telecom Networks and Servers. Yea, the

malicious
> hackers were majorly ****ed at me, but this babe won't ever forget this
> accomplishment.
>
> Tracker

Leythos

In article <btrrlr$sls$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> It's a waste of time trying to reason with her

Exactly, Just find the part of the TOS that she's violating and report
her to the ISP. I've managed to get her kicked three times in the last
three months

If she had half a clue she would just leave, but she keeps hanging
herself.

(E-Mail Removed)
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

± Žete ±

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 17:21:06 GMT, whilst in NewsFroup alt.computer.security,
Leythos <(E-Mail Removed)> articulated the following sentiments :

>In article <btrrlr$sls$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>says...
>> It's a waste of time trying to reason with her

>Exactly, Just find the part of the TOS that she's violating and report
>her to the ISP. I've managed to get her kicked three times in the last
>three months
>
>If she had half a clue she would just leave, but she keeps hanging
>herself.

With 33 replies to her original poast (at the time of writing here, just in
alt.computer.security), she's getting the attention she wants. Yes, I am
guilty too. Until we *all* stop replying, me included, the poasts will
continue I'm sure.

However, keep up the good work.

Egrads,

Pete.

Hairy One Kenobi

news:Xns946D5049EAE94darnold92insightbbco@204.127. 204.17...
> Tracker <"snailmail(valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):

> And that's your problem here Tracker is that you don't listen and you're
> too arrogant to make the adjustments. I guess having that *book*, if it
> exist, has slowed you down a bit with the global posts. I guess you'll
> continue making posts and getting *hammered*.

Good point. What if we "ganged up" and reviewed it?

Tracker - you have the website (if you're feeling a bit "off" in your
cracking abilities, then just look at the domain and add http://www at the
front)

I'd be happy to give a full and utterly honest review. You would have input
on the process (but not the overall verdict).

Honest offer. If you disagree, then you'll get point-by-point "equal space"
on the 'site. No catches.

Downside is that (in British parlance) you get to put-up-or-shut-up.

If you feel that I'm too partisan (I'd be hurt if you did!), then Rob Slade
seems to review a lot of books.

Never met the chap (or even replied to one of his posts), but his reviews
are..erm.. /succinct/ enough to indicate much more than a token knowledge of
the subject. And also enough to make then worth reading (sorry, Rob, not
quite a "fan" - but I'd /hate/ for you to stop contributing!)

Either way - do or don't. If you *do* submit to a review, then live with the
consequences; if you can't, then accept the likely position that you are
either an inept arguer, or simply wrong. Neither is something to boast
about, IMHO.

P.S. Duane - sorry, despite the headers & attributations, I sincerely hope
that you realise that "our" problem is not with yourself, but with someone
else.

--

Hairy One Kenobi

in the first place. So there!

David W. Hodgins

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 18:12:34 +0000, ± Žete ± <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> With 33 replies to her original poast (at the time of writing here, just in
> alt.computer.security), she's getting the attention she wants. Yes, I am
> guilty too. Until we *all* stop replying, me included, the poasts will
> continue I'm sure.

See http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en....hcvlny.cv.net
for an explanation of why it isn't a good idea for everyone to just ignore her.

I agree, that we don't need so many replies, pointing out how bad her advice is,
but she can't be ignored completely, by the regulars, or the poor newbies will
damage their systems, by following her "advice".

Regards, Dave Hodgins

--
Change nomail.afraid.org to rogers.com to reply by email.
(nomail.afraid.org has been set up specfically for

Mimic

"Tracker" <"snailmail(valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Mimic wrote:
>
> > "Tim H." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Pictures" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

your

which

computer

> > > "..because if your on a..." - Your=You're (contraction for you are).
> > >
> > > Good advice on the page, but it doesn't substantiate your claim(s).

You
> > and
> > > Steve Gibson would go great together! FUD..
> > >
> > > -Tim
> > >

> > Its bad advice, she is misleading people into thinking that by disabling
> > services and installing a firewall,
> > there is less chance of them hosting a trojan.
> >
> > --
> > Mimic
> >
> > "Without knowledge you have fear. With fear you create your own

nightmares."
> > "There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand

Binary,
> > and those that dont."
> > "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to

zero".

> You don't understand my hacker buddy. I only deal with computer victims

and how
> Backdoors, Trojan Horses and Viruses appear on their computer is the

"LEAST" of

****ing
> me off.
>
> Tracker

Oh ok, so you want to help them get rid of an infection right ? Thats fine.
Its just completely ignorant to not think about how they got there,
otherwise
they are just going to get infected all over again making you "work"
completely
worthless

--
Mimic

and those that dont."
"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero".

Mimic

"Tracker" <"snailmail(valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> \"Crash\" Dummy wrote:
>
> > >Once again, I'm amazed at the level of spite and villitude that a

simple
> > >post by this person can generate. True, it's kind of like a

kindergarten
> > >student trying to give a lecture to 12th grade, but put it in

perspective
> > >and the level of response is way too high.

> > If this were here first or second post, I would agree with you one

hundred
> > percent. But Tracker is our resident whacko. She has been posing as a

security
> > expert for it seems like years, posting mindless drivel. No amount of

feedback,
> > subtle or frank, reaches her. She's like the Eveready Bunny. She just

keeps
> > going and going.
> > --
> > Dave "Crash" Dummy - A weapon of mass destruction
> > (E-Mail Removed)?subject=Techtalk (Do not alter!)
> > http://lists.gpick.com

> Why insult a whacko without proving me wrong? Your jealous because my

facts are
> true and real and my time is spend helping others secure their Computers,

Networks
> and Servers.
>
> Don't forget one of my Major accomplishments was letting CERT and the FBI

know
> about all the Backdoors on France Telecom Networks and Servers. Yea, the

malicious
> hackers were majorly ****ed at me, but this babe won't ever forget this
> accomplishment.
>
> Tracker

Heres a radicle thought, given that we constantly prove youre wrong,
how about YOU prove to US that youre right for once.