Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Trojan Horse is More Damaging then a Virus

Trojan Horse is More Damaging then a Virus

Mimic

"FromTheRafters" <!(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "donutbandit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:btplmg$jlr$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > There seems to be no possible way to transmit malware inside an MP3.

> Malicious code can be "transmitted" in most any filetype. The question
> is, will it be executed by an errant or malicious application. The

question
> of safety with regard to MP3's lies in the player being used as well as

the
> OS the player app is running on.

sounds like a challenge ;D

--
Mimic

and those that dont."
"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero".

Duane Arnold

Tracker <"snailmail(valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Mimic wrote:
>
>> "Pictures" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/security/trojan.html
>> >
>> > Some of you people might want to check out this website because if
>> > your on a Windows Platform and you didn't disable the Windows
>> > Services which are left open by Microsoft and then installed a
>> > Firewall, your computer has a high risk of hosting a Trojan Horse
>> > and a Backdoor.
>> >
>> > Tracker
>> >

>> How about you tell us which services we should disable , what they
>> do, and why ?

> I only deal with computer victims which are running Backdoors and
> Trojan Horses already on their computers. They don't need to know
> which Windows Services to disable and why because the malicious
> hackers are already abusing Networks, Servers and trading guns, drugs,
> bombs, etc.
>

>> And yet AGAIN, your retarded commenst are flawed. You can disabled
>> all the services your want, you can install
>> all the firewalls you want, it wont affect whether you you can HOST a
>> trojan.
>> Downloading stuff off P2P apps gives you a higher risk of HOSTING a
>> trojan. Disabling services and
>> installing firewalls wont protect you from HOSTING them you stupid
>> ****
>>
>> --
>> Mimic

> Thanks for the nice compliment and name calling just makes me a
> stronger advocate to help Corporations and Companies.
>
> Tracker

Like I told you before Tracker, you got guts. If you would just learn to
make the adjustments that some of the *Top Guns* are telling you are the
facts, it would be much better for you. Your heart is in the right place,
I'll give you that.

Duane

Tim H.

"Tracker" <"snailmail(valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> You don't understand my hacker buddy. I only deal with computer victims

and how
> Backdoors, Trojan Horses and Viruses appear on their computer is the

"LEAST" of

****ing
> me off.

Ok, take 2:

"DAMN IT, your ****ing me off."

=

"DAMN IT, you're ****ing me off."

-or-

"DAMN IT, you are ****ing me off."

Any self-respecting writer should know this.

-Tim

> Tracker

Tracker

Duane Arnold wrote:

> Tracker <"snailmail(valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

> > Mimic wrote:
> >
> >> "Pictures" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> How about you tell us which services we should disable , what they
> >> do, and why ?

> > I only deal with computer victims which are running Backdoors and
> > Trojan Horses already on their computers. They don't need to know
> > which Windows Services to disable and why because the malicious
> > hackers are already abusing Networks, Servers and trading guns, drugs,
> > bombs, etc.
> >

> >> And yet AGAIN, your retarded commenst are flawed. You can disabled
> >> all the services your want, you can install
> >> all the firewalls you want, it wont affect whether you you can HOST a
> >> trojan.
> >> Downloading stuff off P2P apps gives you a higher risk of HOSTING a
> >> trojan. Disabling services and
> >> installing firewalls wont protect you from HOSTING them you stupid
> >> ****
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mimic

> > Thanks for the nice compliment and name calling just makes me a
> > stronger advocate to help Corporations and Companies.
> >
> > Tracker
> >

> Like I told you before Tracker, you got guts. If you would just learn to
> make the adjustments that some of the *Top Guns* are telling you are the
> facts, it would be much better for you. Your heart is in the right place,
> I'll give you that.
>
> Duane

Nope, this babe has the proof and the facts, it's just that many of you
haven't had exposure to two + years with hackers on your Windows Platform and
watching and tracking it all. I've had many security personal ask me for my
proof and they have been send this information. Many of the members here
know that Tracker won't back down because we "The Trackers" have all the
backing we need. You might want to purchase my book and actually read it.

Tracker

Hairy One Kenobi

"Tracker" <"snailmail(valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

<snip>

> Nope, this babe has the proof and the facts, it's just that many of you
> haven't had exposure to two + years with hackers on your Windows Platform

and
> watching and tracking it all. I've had many security personal ask me for

my
> proof and they have been send this information. Many of the members here
> know that Tracker won't back down because we "The Trackers" have all the
> backing we need. You might want to purchase my book and actually read it.

I take it you explain how someone can "host" a backdoor? Assuming you know
what the term actually means, that is..?

Having just looked at the page, it is a collaborative effort to give new IRC
users information on some of the potential problems. No proof of anything
either offered or required.

IMHO, getting hacked by a 'Kiddie doesn't exactly over-qualify you as a
security expert.. oh, and Outlook Express isn't "a Windows Service".

--

Hairy One Kenobi

in the first place. So there!

P.S. Just because MS leave OE wide-open out-of-the-box doesn't mean that it
/can't/ be easily and quickly secured
http://www.codecutters.org/outlook

Lars M. Hansen

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:41:10 -0800, Tracker spoketh

>If anyone with some logic would take the time to read the piece of the pie
>which is posted here you might learn a thing or two.
>
>Tracker
>Too much wind in my hair for the day

Pot. Kettle. Black.

To see you lecturing someone about "learning a thing or two" really must
be the pearl of the month. Truly amazing.

Lars M. Hansen
http://www.hansenonline.net

Cap

Pictures <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/security/trojan.html
>
> Some of you people might want to check out this website because if your
> on a Windows Platform and you didn't disable the Windows Services which
> are left open by Microsoft and then installed a Firewall, your computer
> has a high risk of hosting a Trojan Horse and a Backdoor.
>
> Tracker

The only good thing is that Debbie is back on dial-up with Level3
Communications, and a few complaints to:
http://incident-report.level3.com/
will probably terminate her service again.

This is the section of Level 3's AUP you can cite that she is again in
violation of:
=============================
http://www.level3.com/764.html
Spoofing/Fraud
A User may not attempt to send e-mail messages or transmit any
electronic communications using a name or address of someone other
than the User for purposes of deception. Any attempt to impersonate
someone else by altering a source IP address information or by using
forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. Any
attempt to fraudulently conceal, forge, or otherwise falsify a User's
identity in connection with use of the Service is prohibited.

E-Mail Relay
Any use of another party's electronic mail server to relay e-mail
without express permission from such other party is prohibited.

USENET Postings
All postings to USENET groups must comply with that group's charter
and other policies. Users are prohibited from cross posting to
unrelated news groups or to any news groups where the post does not
meet that group's charter. Continued posting of off-topic messages,
including commercial messages (unless specifically invited by
charter), is prohibited. Disrupting newsgroups with materials,
postings, or activities that are (as determined by Level 3 in its sole
discretion) frivolous, unlawful, obscene, threatening, abusive,
libelous, hateful, excessive, or repetitious, unless such materials or
activities are expressly allowed or encouraged under the newsgroup's
name, FAQ, or charter.

Cap

Tracker <"snailmail(valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Mimic wrote:
>
> > "Tim H." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Pictures" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > "..because if your on a..." - Your=You're (contraction for you are).
> > >
> > > Good advice on the page, but it doesn't substantiate your claim(s). You

> and
> > > Steve Gibson would go great together! FUD..
> > >
> > > -Tim
> > >

> > Its bad advice, she is misleading people into thinking that by disabling
> > services and installing a firewall,
> > there is less chance of them hosting a trojan.
> >
> > --
> > Mimic
> >
> > "Without knowledge you have fear. With fear you create your own nightmares."
> > "There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary,
> > and those that dont."
> > "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero".

> You don't understand my hacker buddy. I only deal with computer victims and how
> Backdoors, Trojan Horses and Viruses appear on their computer is the "LEAST" of
> their problems since their computer is already infected. DAMN IT, your ****ing
> me off.
>
> Tracker

Take some English lessons moron.

Cap

Tracker <"snailmail(valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Don't forget one of my Major accomplishments was letting CERT and the FBI know
> about all the Backdoors on France Telecom Networks and Servers. Yea, the malicious
> hackers were majorly ****ed at me, but this babe won't ever forget this
> accomplishment.
>
> Tracker

Earth to Debbie, Earth to Debbie...
It is time to leave the capsule if you dare...
Earth to Debbie...

Cap

Tracker <"snailmail(valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...

> If anyone with some logic would take the time to read the piece of the pie
> which is posted here you might learn a thing or two.
>
> Tracker
> Too much wind in my hair for the day

Too much wind blowing through your ears you mean...