Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > anyone trying to get the CompTIA security Plus Certification that would like to share info with me.

anyone trying to get the CompTIA security Plus Certification that would like to share info with me.

todhunter5

If so please contact me. I was about 80 points short of passing on the
first attempt on a 0-900 scale, and willing to share my experience with
others who are willing to share theirs.

--
Thomas A. Todhunter
MS(36hrs), BA, MCSA, MCP, A+, Net+

Rowdy Yates

I was happily strolling along my merry little way in alt.computer.security,
when I looked down and saw a little note from todhunter5 on Tue 23 Dec 2003
04:46:38p who wrote:

> If so please contact me. I was about 80 points short of passing on the
> first attempt on a 0-900 scale, and willing to share my experience with
> others who are willing to share theirs.

sorry to hear about that. i agree, the sec+ exam is an odd duck. i remember
that many of the multi choice questions had at least two answers (some even
3!) out of 4 that actually made perfect sense.

i think one does need a half decent study book to pass it. i used snygress as
well as que exam prep book. i wouldn't reccomend trying to wing it based on
on the job experience. wishing you better luck next time.

p.s. the gradeing is 100-900 i believe. something similar to US SAT
gradeings.

--
Rowdy Yates
MCSE, Security+