Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > What do you can a scan that attempts to establish a connection with open port with two small packets

What do you can a scan that attempts to establish a connection with open port with two small packets

todhunter5

This was a question I got wrong on the CompTIA Exam I think.

--
Thomas A. Todhunter
MS(36hrs), BA, MCSA, MCP, A+, Net+

Stephen K. Gielda

In article <WG2Gb.463054$275.1353439@attbi_s53>, todhunter5
@insightbb.com says...
> This was a question I got wrong on the CompTIA Exam I think.

TCP Connect Scan. It is a full three way handshake. The host scanning
sends a SYN, the machine responds with an ACK/SYN if the port is open or
RST if it is closed, the host scanning responds back with an ACK (this
responding ACK is optional).

/steve
--
Protect yourself on-line. Hide your identifying details in e-mail,
usenet, and more. A privacy service like no other.