Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > ssh forwarding to ssl proxy?

ssh forwarding to ssl proxy?

Anonymous Sender

Hello, I am wondering if ssh handles ssl.

What I mean is if I connect to a ssh shell and port forward to a ssl
proxy on port 443, is the data encrypted so that it cannot be read,
at the shell?

Then from the proxy if I connect to an ssl server, like online banking,
can credit card info be read anywhere between?

This using securecrt as a client.

Thanks.

Colonel Flagg

In article <(E-Mail Removed) o.com>,
> Hello, I am wondering if ssh handles ssl.
>
> What I mean is if I connect to a ssh shell and port forward to a ssl
> proxy on port 443, is the data encrypted so that it cannot be read,
> at the shell?
>
> Then from the proxy if I connect to an ssl server, like online banking,
> can credit card info be read anywhere between?
>
> This using securecrt as a client.
>
> Thanks.

I would assume it's theoretically possible, although I haven't tried it.
As for it being encrypted, I would say that if it's possible to do it,
then it would be encrypted, actually, it would be encrypted twice from
the client side to the ssh server, then a single ssl encryption from the
ssh server to the ssl server.

Never tried it, but I may give it a go to check it out.

--
Colonel Flagg
http://www.internetwarzone.org/

Privacy at a click:
http://www.cotse.net

A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

"...I see stupid people."

Eric

Who's SSH and SSL software are you using?

ER

news:(E-Mail Removed) acolo.com...