Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Browser security

Browser security

Kerodo

I went here:
http://bcheck.scanit.be/bcheck/sid-c...ae777b3d7b8b6/

and ran All Available Tests on various browsers. The results were
interesting. Mozilla and Firebird tested fine, with 0
vulnerabilities. And so did IE, believe it or not. However, Opera
had 2 security vulnerabilities. I thought Opera was supposed to be
fairly secure, but it looks like it isn't after all.

I still don't trust IE, no matter what the test says.

I'll stick with Mozilla and Firebird... They seem to be the best.

Hairy One Kenobi

"Kerodo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I went here:
> http://bcheck.scanit.be/bcheck/sid-c...ae777b3d7b8b6/
>
> and ran All Available Tests on various browsers. The results were
> interesting. Mozilla and Firebird tested fine, with 0
> vulnerabilities. And so did IE, believe it or not. However, Opera
> had 2 security vulnerabilities. I thought Opera was supposed to be
> fairly secure, but it looks like it isn't after all.
>
> I still don't trust IE, no matter what the test says.
>
> I'll stick with Mozilla and Firebird... They seem to be the best.

Keep up with the news! ;o)

Opera fixed a couple of nasties, just recently... forget the details (I
generally only use Opera for testing - the Java is a bit too
will-it-won't-it for my tastes)

--

Hairy One Kenobi

in the first place. So there!

Kerodo

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:33:33 -0000, "Hairy One Kenobi"
<abuse@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:

>"Kerodo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I went here:
>> http://bcheck.scanit.be/bcheck/sid-c...ae777b3d7b8b6/
>>
>> and ran All Available Tests on various browsers. The results were
>> interesting. Mozilla and Firebird tested fine, with 0
>> vulnerabilities. And so did IE, believe it or not. However, Opera
>> had 2 security vulnerabilities. I thought Opera was supposed to be
>> fairly secure, but it looks like it isn't after all.
>>
>> I still don't trust IE, no matter what the test says.
>>
>> I'll stick with Mozilla and Firebird... They seem to be the best.

>Keep up with the news! ;o)
>
>Opera fixed a couple of nasties, just recently... forget the details (I
>generally only use Opera for testing - the Java is a bit too
>will-it-won't-it for my tastes)

I was using their latest release, 7.23 I think, but perhaps they've
fixed it since then and just haven't released it yet. That'd be good.
I'm still pretty much sold on Mozilla and Firebird though. I like 'em
a lot.