Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > How do I disable ZA Popup?

How do I disable ZA Popup?

Chris Mitchell

Downloaded and installed latest free version of Zone Alarm, Version
5.51.4807.2300.

I no longer get a popup window at boot up which is great, but now I get a
popup asking about sending details to ZA. There is an option to check a box
so as not to be asked about this in future, but I suspect this defaults to
sending ZA the details without asking, or me knowing.

Does anyone know a way of disabling the popup completely without sending
details to ZA?

--
Regards.

Chris.
Please remove MAPSON (NOSPAM backwards) to reply to me by email.

phoenix

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 06:26:01 +0000 (UTC), Chris Mitchell wrote:

> Downloaded and installed latest free version of Zone Alarm, Version
> 5.51.4807.2300.
>
> I no longer get a popup window at boot up which is great, but now I get a
> popup asking about sending details to ZA. There is an option to check a box
> so as not to be asked about this in future, but I suspect this defaults to
> sending ZA the details without asking, or me knowing.
>
> Does anyone know a way of disabling the popup completely without sending
> details to ZA?

Hi

That's a really odd version number, where did you downlaod that version
from? The current version, AFAIK, is 4.5.530

Regards

Bill