Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Problems with Mozilla and HTTP proxy

Problems with Mozilla and HTTP proxy

Peter James

I am trying to set up Mozilla as described in
www.geocities.com/yosponge Trying to get Mozilla to use HTTP Proxy
localhost at port 8080 returns a "unable to connect, check your proxy
settings".
Can anyone point me in the right direction on this please. TIA
--

Peter James
Change AT to @ to reply

Peter James

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 20:53:10 +0000, Peter James
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am trying to set up Mozilla as described in
>www.geocities.com/yosponge Trying to get Mozilla to use HTTP Proxy
>localhost at port 8080 returns a "unable to connect, check your proxy
>settings".
>Can anyone point me in the right direction on this please. TIA

Look, I'm sorry. I've just read the Manual for Proxomitron, and of
course it has to be running before it can filter the output of the
browser. I will now sit in the corner and place my dunce's hat firmly
on my head.
I repeat "RTFM" idiot.
--

Peter James