Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Comments : Kerio Personal Firewall 4

Comments : Kerio Personal Firewall 4

Mr Maggoo

Hello,

I've just installed the new Kerio Personal Firewall 4 fresh from
http://www.kerio.com , and was just wondering who else here uses this
product.

I've known that this version of Kerio's firewall has been in beta for a
while, but now it's obviously passed some final testing as it's the only
'personal' firewall I could find now on the Kerio website.

No trouble operating it here, although I would say it's very aggressive with
regard to what applications are doing, even when installing them. I've never
seen this before. I guess that's got to be a good thing.

Nice layout and pretty good set of features. I didn't think anything was
particularly wrong with the 2.1.xxx versions, but this new version is
certainly doing no wrong here.

Anyone have any bad experiences with this program ? Crashes etc ?

Cheers.

Regards,

Pete.

Richard Steven Hack

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:41:37 +0000, Mr Maggoo
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I've just installed the new Kerio Personal Firewall 4 fresh from
>http://www.kerio.com , and was just wondering who else here uses this
>product.
>
>I've known that this version of Kerio's firewall has been in beta for a
>while, but now it's obviously passed some final testing as it's the only
>'personal' firewall I could find now on the Kerio website.
>
>No trouble operating it here, although I would say it's very aggressive with
>regard to what applications are doing, even when installing them. I've never
>seen this before. I guess that's got to be a good thing.
>
>Nice layout and pretty good set of features. I didn't think anything was
>particularly wrong with the 2.1.xxx versions, but this new version is
>certainly doing no wrong here.
>
>Anyone have any bad experiences with this program ? Crashes etc ?

It crashed several times on bootup on my Win/98 system. I uninstalled
it and went back to V2.1.5. I would say that the addition of all
these new features - and probably lack of adequate testing on Windows
98 as opposed to 2000 and XP - have probably made the product
unstable. It may work fine on 2000 and XP, I don't know, but on my
system it was not usable.

--
Richard Steven Hack
"Whatever does not kill me makes me stronger" -

Mr Maggoo