Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > NAV 2004 help?

NAV 2004 help?

CB

My mother installed NAV 2004 on her pc over her 2001 & 2003 (?) versions.
She says that now NAV won't work. I haven't had any luck on the Symantec
website, and am hoping someone here may have an answer
Here is what she e-mailed me:
After clicking on the Norton antivirus window, I find the e-mail listing
with a red circle with white X ---clicked next ---In live update window,
there are four items with red circle & white X, 1 Symantec Intrusion
detection signatures, 2 Norton Internet Security security updates, 3 Norton
Internet Security Program Updates, the forth item has check mark, Common
Client Core. The window shows one update of 557.8KB. In box under size has
the statement "This product preverted Live Update from updating it. Check
your subscription status for this product".
When I click Next to download the updates the Common Client Core item
appears for updating. After what seems to be normal update procedure a
window appears "LU1844 This product preverts Live Update from updating it.
Check your subscription Status for this product".
I clicked finish and got window to restart the PC --pressed OK and PC
restarted.

Back to the Norton AntiVirus main window-- under Security Scanning
Features. Auto Protection says "Off". I clicked on the enable sign ( lower
right corner) and received the message " Norton Antivirus has encountered an
internal program error". In bottom left corner of box is number 4002,519.

Porky Pig

Uninstall all Norton Security Products & NAV and reinstall. is NAV4 part of
Internet Security 2004 or stand alone product added to a 2003 or older
version of Internet Security?

If full Version of NIS2004, then delete all other versions and just
reinstall that version on its own, unless of course it's an upgrade version
only.

"CB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:N9oxb.19233$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> My mother installed NAV 2004 on her pc over her 2001 & 2003 (?) versions.
> She says that now NAV won't work. I haven't had any luck on the Symantec
> website, and am hoping someone here may have an answer
> Here is what she e-mailed me:
> After clicking on the Norton antivirus window, I find the e-mail listing
> with a red circle with white X ---clicked next ---In live update window,
> there are four items with red circle & white X, 1 Symantec Intrusion
> detection signatures, 2 Norton Internet Security security updates, 3

Norton
> Internet Security Program Updates, the forth item has check mark, Common
> Client Core. The window shows one update of 557.8KB. In box under size

has
> the statement "This product preverted Live Update from updating it. Check
> your subscription status for this product".
> When I click Next to download the updates the Common Client Core item
> appears for updating. After what seems to be normal update procedure a
> window appears "LU1844 This product preverts Live Update from updating it.
> Check your subscription Status for this product".
> I clicked finish and got window to restart the PC --pressed OK and PC
> restarted.
>
> Back to the Norton AntiVirus main window-- under Security Scanning
> Features. Auto Protection says "Off". I clicked on the enable sign (

lower
> right corner) and received the message " Norton Antivirus has encountered

an
> internal program error". In bottom left corner of box is number 4002,519.

NAV, NAV 5x.... Norton Anit-Virus?? MrDave Microsoft Certification 0 08-09-2009 07:48 PM
Removing NAV 2004 Ian H Computer Support 8 05-24-2004 04:28 AM
NAV 2004 simon Computer Support 10 05-07-2004 05:22 AM
NAV 2004 with Win2000 K-More Computer Support 1 10-09-2003 09:58 PM
Problems installing NAV 2004 Pro maderic Computer Support 4 09-08-2003 10:46 PM

Advertisments