Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Need information on C3 Security for hpux.

Need information on C3 Security for hpux.

Bob

Hi

Can someone help me finding information on C3 Security for hpux systems.

Thanks.

Volker Birk

In alt.computer.security Bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Can someone help me finding information on C3 Security for hpux systems.

Searching www.hp.com for "HP-UX trusted system" will help.

VB.
--
X-Pie Software GmbH
Postfach 1540, 88334 Bad Waldsee

Jim Hollenback

Volker Birk ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote:
: In alt.computer.security Bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: > Can someone help me finding information on C3 Security for hpux systems.

: Searching www.hp.com for "HP-UX trusted system" will help.

not very much. HP-UX trusted systems are not C3. There was some B1 work
underway, but I'm not sure if 10.20 evergot it, and pretty sure it did
not happen for 11.x

--
Jim Hollenback
my opinion.

Volker Birk

In comp.security.unix Jim Hollenback <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Volker Birk ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote:
> : In alt.computer.security Bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> : > Can someone help me finding information on C3 Security for hpux systems.
> : Searching www.hp.com for "HP-UX trusted system" will help.
> not very much. HP-UX trusted systems are not C3.

To be correct: HP-UX is C2 running in trusted mode from 10.20 up to
11i Version 2.

VB.
--

phn@icke-reklam.ipsec.nu

In comp.security.unix Jim Hollenback <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Volker Birk ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote:
> : In alt.computer.security Bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> : > Can someone help me finding information on C3 Security for hpux systems.

> : Searching www.hp.com for "HP-UX trusted system" will help.

> not very much. HP-UX trusted systems are not C3. There was some B1 work
> underway, but I'm not sure if 10.20 evergot it, and pretty sure it did
> not happen for 11.x

> --
> Jim Hollenback
> (E-Mail Removed)
> my opinion.

now when hp speaks, how about spreading relevant information
about the original question ?

--
Peter Håkanson

Jim Hollenback

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
: In comp.security.unix Jim Hollenback <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: > Volker Birk ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote:
: > : In alt.computer.security Bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: > : > Can someone help me finding information on C3 Security for hpux systems.

: > : Searching www.hp.com for "HP-UX trusted system" will help.

: > not very much. HP-UX trusted systems are not C3. There was some B1 work
: > underway, but I'm not sure if 10.20 evergot it, and pretty sure it did
: > not happen for 11.x

: > --
: > Jim Hollenback
: > (E-Mail Removed)
: > my opinion.

: now when hp speaks, how about spreading relevant information
: about the original question ?

hp is not speaking. I commented that the 10.20 commercial product
was not C3.

--
Jim Hollenback
(E-Mail Removed)

Joachim Ring

> : > not very much. HP-UX trusted systems are not C3. There was some B1 work
> : > underway, but I'm not sure if 10.20 evergot it, and pretty sure it did
> : > not happen for 11.x

> hp is not speaking. I commented that the 10.20 commercial product
> was not C3.

this is pretty easy to say as there is no C3 criteria according to
orange-book.

but hpux can be given C2 equivalent security by enabling trusted
system. as for the B1 equivalent offerings by hp there was 10.26 and
10.24 with the former (aka Compartment Mode Workstation or CMW) being
the army-green flavour and the latter (aka VVOS) being sold to banks
et al. as a secure ecommerce platform (called VirtualVault). both were
never actually evaluated according to the orange book (see
http://www.radium.ncsc.mil/tpep/epl/epl-by-class.html) but they had
the neccessary features and previous versions had the evaluation.

as for hpux11.x there is 11.04 which i'm still wrangling at work even
though hp has EOLed it this summer...

joachim