Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > First post here .. blasted mad as hell

First post here .. blasted mad as hell

johns

I've been in this business for 30 years, and I'm finally fed up
with the bullshit. I've been all over the web .. CISCO, MS,
on and on and on ... trying to locate a tool that will trace the
EXACT source of email. It does not exist, and there is no
excuse for that. There is no way on earth that some hacker-
child can "spoof" an address that SOMEBODY knew what it
previously was, and could responsibly trace it. I've used every
blocking tool there is, and it is a nuisance .. expensive .. always
too late .. and easy to bypass. Now, I want the name of the
little bastard who sent the piece of crap to me so I can sue
his mommy and daddy back to the stone age. That is the only
real security .. a good attack in a court of law. Who can do this?
And, why aren't they doing it? I'll begin with them !

johns

Colonel Flagg

In article <bpgkac$f1r$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> I've been in this business for 30 years, and I'm finally fed up
> with the bullshit. I've been all over the web .. CISCO, MS,
> on and on and on ... trying to locate a tool that will trace the
> EXACT source of email. It does not exist, and there is no
> excuse for that. There is no way on earth that some hacker-
> child can "spoof" an address that SOMEBODY knew what it
> previously was, and could responsibly trace it. I've used every
> blocking tool there is, and it is a nuisance .. expensive .. always
> too late .. and easy to bypass. Now, I want the name of the
> little bastard who sent the piece of crap to me so I can sue
> his mommy and daddy back to the stone age. That is the only
> real security .. a good attack in a court of law. Who can do this?
> And, why aren't they doing it? I'll begin with them !
>
> johns

you're either an ignorant troll or your 30 years "in this business" has
been a waste of time, cause you're as dumb about "this bullshit" as a
bag of mortar mix.

first, emails can be spoofed, spoofed 100%. second, they can come from a
remailer and you'll NEVER find the originator. NEVER. Remailers are 100%
anonymous.

second, if you want our help, post the headers from the email.

--
Colonel Flagg
http://www.internetwarzone.org/

Privacy at a click:
http://www.cotse.net

A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

"...I see stupid people."

Mailman

johns wrote:

> I've been in this business for 30 years, and I'm finally fed up
> with the bullshit. I've been all over the web .. CISCO, MS,
> on and on and on ... trying to locate a tool that will trace the
> EXACT source of email. It does not exist, and there is no
> excuse for that. There is no way on earth that some hacker-
> child can "spoof" an address that SOMEBODY knew what it
> previously was, and could responsibly trace it. I've used every
> blocking tool there is, and it is a nuisance .. expensive .. always
> too late .. and easy to bypass. Now, I want the name of the
> little bastard who sent the piece of crap to me so I can sue
> his mommy and daddy back to the stone age. That is the only
> real security .. a good attack in a court of law. Who can do this?
> And, why aren't they doing it? I'll begin with them !
>
> johns

Amazing - 30 years in the business and you still don't know that a messgae
can be completely spoofed, and if sent via a remailer also completely
anonymous? Have you got a pointy hairdo?

Post the FULL headers and we could try to help you. Toning down your
language would also be helpful.
--
Mailman

Thund3rstruck

johns Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
<bpgkac$f1r$(E-Mail Removed)>:

> I've been in this business for 30 years, and I'm finally fed up
> with the bullshit. I've been all over the web .. CISCO, MS,
> on and on and on ... trying to locate a tool that will trace the
> EXACT source of email. It does not exist, and there is no
> excuse for that. There is no way on earth that some hacker-
> child can "spoof" an address that SOMEBODY knew what it
> previously was, and could responsibly trace it. I've used every
> blocking tool there is, and it is a nuisance .. expensive .. always
> too late .. and easy to bypass. Now, I want the name of the
> little bastard who sent the piece of crap to me so I can sue
> his mommy and daddy back to the stone age. That is the only
> real security .. a good attack in a court of law. Who can do this?
> And, why aren't they doing it? I'll begin with them !

1) calm down please
2) we need to see the headers to get more information. You can take
out your real e-mail addy if you like...

So, what exactly happened?

NOI

Dazz

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:41:43 -0500, Colonel Flagg
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<snipped>

>first, emails can be spoofed, spoofed 100%. second, they can come from a
>remailer and you'll NEVER find the originator. NEVER. Remailers are 100%
>anonymous.

100% anonymous?

I disagree (to a smallish degree).

There have been a couple of cases where admins of "anonymous
remailers" have handed over information to authorities.

For instance, anon.penet.fi was raided by Finnish police - twice, in
1995 and in 1996.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kspaink/cos/rn...non/penet.html

Of course, there are some anonymous services that do offer a greater
increase of anonymity (using encryption, chaining etc etc), but it
would be interesting to see what happens when they are also faced with
a jail sentence.

Dazz

>second, if you want our help, post the headers from the email.

Colonel Flagg

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:41:43 -0500, Colonel Flagg
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> <snipped>
>
> >first, emails can be spoofed, spoofed 100%. second, they can come from a
> >remailer and you'll NEVER find the originator. NEVER. Remailers are 100%
> >anonymous.

> 100% anonymous?
>
> I disagree (to a smallish degree).

and I will change what I said...

"...Remailers are 100% anonymous."

should have said:

"...Properly chained remailers are 100% anonymous.."

my bad.

--
Colonel Flagg
http://www.internetwarzone.org/

Privacy at a click:
http://www.cotse.net

A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

"...I see stupid people."

Dazz

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 00:54:54 -0500, Colonel Flagg
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<snipped>

>and I will change what I said...
>
>"...Remailers are 100% anonymous."
>
>should have said:
>
>"...Properly chained remailers are 100% anonymous.."
>
>my bad.

lol.

Dazz

[ Doc Jeff ]

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:37:26 -0800, "johns" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I've been in this business for 30 years, and I'm finally fed up
>with the bullshit. I've been all over the web .. CISCO, MS,
>on and on and on ... trying to locate a tool that will trace the
>EXACT source of email.

You've been in this business for 30 years and haven't learned how to
trace an e-mail? Are you retarded? The best "tool" to trace an email
is your own experienced mind.

johns

> second, if you want our help, post the headers from the email.

I can give you about 10,000 from Postini. You'll never trace
them because the tool does not exist .. KID!

johns

johns

> would be interesting to see what happens when they are also faced with
> a jail sentence.

Amen! Thanks for the link. I'm going to put somebody in
prison !

johns