Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Unsolicited sites

Unsolicited sites

Bernie King

Within last day I received sites that I have not visited. I'm using Windows
XP and I have PC_cillin anti-virus installed. What can I do to stop this?
Bernie

leftnutrzr

"Bernie King" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Within last day I received sites that I have not visited. I'm using

Windows
> XP and I have PC_cillin anti-virus installed. What can I do to stop this?
> Bernie

open up your registry editor and look for "stcloader.exe"
if something pops up then you have the downloader.trojan
also ... try the online scans they can help you track it down
also this article will help as well if it's the downloader.trojan
http://www.mpsmits.com/message_board...msg=0000017231

Robin T Cox

"Bernie King" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Within last day I received sites that I have not visited. I'm using
> Windows XP and I have PC_cillin anti-virus installed. What can I do to
> stop this? Bernie

See:
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/security.htm