Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > NIS Pro 2004

NIS Pro 2004

Eivind Gussiås Løkseth

Hi!

Anyone had problems with Norton Internet Security 2004 Professional?

It seems to make the Windows isntaller hang. Updates from Microsoft won't
install. The installation process just stops, and then nothing happens.

Another problem is that it is impossible to connect to the Internet until
one minute or so after the computer starts. I always connect to Internet by
starting Outlook Express, but the connection dialog doesn't appear until
abaout one minute after logging into Windows. (I have Winodws XP Pro).

Eivind

CZ

>> Anyone had problems with Norton Internet Security 2004 Professional?

It seems to make the Windows isntaller hang. Updates from Microsoft won't
install. The installation process just stops, and then nothing happens.

Another problem is that it is impossible to connect to the Internet until
one minute or so after the computer starts. I always connect to Internet by
starting Outlook Express, but the connection dialog doesn't appear until
abaout one minute after logging into Windows. (I have Winodws XP Pro).

Eivind:

I have noticed the slowdown during bootup with NIS 2004.

Re: MS updates:
Add microsoft.com to Privacy Control: Advanced: Global Settings with Permit
for all settings.

[ANN] ruby-nis library packaged as gem 'nis' 0.1.1.1 Mike Dalessio Ruby 0 10-07-2010 08:27 PM
NIS 2004 Firewall settings Dick M. Computer Support 0 11-04-2004 02:01 PM
nis 2004 please answer msi Computer Information 1 02-04-2004 04:14 AM
nis 2004 msi Computer Information 0 02-02-2004 02:25 AM
NIS 2004 AntiSpam problem James Computer Security 0 02-01-2004 02:34 PM

Advertisments