Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > how can I password protect and share a folder?

how can I password protect and share a folder?

DT

Hello all!

Forgive me if I am in the wrong group, I am looking to create a folder that
will be carried on a flash disk (64 MB). In this folder I will have
different types of files. I want to be able to password protect the folder,
then once it is open, access all files (WinZip requires the password to look
at every file within the folder everytime). Also since I will be using this
on a variety of computers (os XP, 2000, 98 - maybe), somehow this has to be
a stand alone product or at least a very small program so it will fit on the
flash disk with the other files.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated! I'll be watching this post.

Thanks!
Tanner

Volker Birk

DT <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Forgive me if I am in the wrong group, I am looking to create a folder that
> will be carried on a flash disk (64 MB). In this folder I will have
> different types of files. I want to be able to password protect the folder,
> then once it is open, access all files (WinZip requires the password to look
> at every file within the folder everytime). Also since I will be using this
> on a variety of computers (os XP, 2000, 98 - maybe), somehow this has to be
> a stand alone product or at least a very small program so it will fit on the
> flash disk with the other files.

Perhaps PGP-Disk or Bestcrypt are what you're searching for.

VB.
--
X-Pie Software GmbH
Postfach 1540, 88334 Bad Waldsee