Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > A Mailicious looking hack

A Mailicious looking hack

Steve

Thanks so much for the help, it is really appreciated

Steve

"Stephen K. Gielda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> In article <bo526k$1pp$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > Folder names are COM1, LPT1 etc can not get the file names !!!
> >

> The system was probably compromised, you should rebuild it from scratch.
> Anyway, there is info on removing these folders here:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
> scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q120/7/16.ASP&N
> oWebContent=1
>
> /steve
> --
> You simply cannot get more server side control of
> your e-mail without running your own mail server and
> knowing how to program.
> http://www.cotse.net/privacyservice.html

ssshades2

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, steve@No-Spam-
packetderm.com spake thus...
> The system was probably compromised, you should rebuild it from scratch.
> Anyway, there is info on removing these folders here:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
> scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q120/7/16.ASP&N
> oWebContent=1
>
> /steve

Any chance of running that through tinyurl.com first?

http://tinyurl.com/j8s0

--
..:~*^*~:.:~*^*:..:~*^*~:.:~*^*~:.:~*^*~:.

"We're in the pipe... 5 by 5..."

shades2 (Perth, WA)
http://www.iinet.net.au/~shades2

PGP Public Keys:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~shades2/pgpkey.html

Chuck

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 08:46:33 +0800, ssshades2
<ssshades2@/^nospam|^iiiinet/.net.au> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, steve@No-Spam-
>packetderm.com spake thus...
>> The system was probably compromised, you should rebuild it from scratch.
>> Anyway, there is info on removing these folders here:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
>> scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q120/7/16.ASP&N
>> oWebContent=1
>>
>> /steve
>>

>Any chance of running that through tinyurl.com first?
>
>http://tinyurl.com/j8s0

How does anybody concerned with computer security trust TinyURL or any
other redirector? How do you know what website you're going to?

Chuck
I hate spam - PLEASE get rid of the spam before emailing me!

ssshades2

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) spake thus...
> On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 08:46:33 +0800, ssshades2
> <ssshades2@/^nospam|^iiiinet/.net.au> wrote:
>
> >In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, steve@No-Spam-
> >packetderm.com spake thus...
> >> The system was probably compromised, you should rebuild it from scratch.
> >> Anyway, there is info on removing these folders here:
> >>
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
> >> scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q120/7/16.ASP&N
> >> oWebContent=1
> >>
> >> /steve
> >>

> >Any chance of running that through tinyurl.com first?
> >
> >http://tinyurl.com/j8s0

> How does anybody concerned with computer security trust TinyURL or any
> other redirector? How do you know what website you're going to?
>
> Chuck
> I hate spam - PLEASE get rid of the spam before emailing me!
> Paranoia comes from experience - and is not necessarily a bad thing.

I'm willing to give away the fact I'm referring to a Microsoft support
document.

Yes you're right if it's some sekret link accessible from the Internet it
might be a bad idea, but what's an unprotected link doing on the net in the
first place?

--
..:~*^*~:.:~*^*:..:~*^*~:.:~*^*~:.:~*^*~:.

"We're in the pipe... 5 by 5..."

shades2 (Perth, WA)
http://www.iinet.net.au/~shades2

PGP Public Keys:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~shades2/pgpkey.html

ssshades2

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) spake thus...
> On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 08:46:33 +0800, ssshades2
> <ssshades2@/^nospam|^iiiinet/.net.au> wrote:
>
> >In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, steve@No-Spam-
> >packetderm.com spake thus...
> >> The system was probably compromised, you should rebuild it from scratch.
> >> Anyway, there is info on removing these folders here:
> >>
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
> >> scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q120/7/16.ASP&N
> >> oWebContent=1
> >>
> >> /steve
> >>

> >Any chance of running that through tinyurl.com first?
> >
> >http://tinyurl.com/j8s0

> How does anybody concerned with computer security trust TinyURL or any
> other redirector? How do you know what website you're going to?

Don't browse with administrator or root priviledge?

> Chuck
> I hate spam - PLEASE get rid of the spam before emailing me!
> Paranoia comes from experience - and is not necessarily a bad thing.

--
..:~*^*~:.:~*^*:..:~*^*~:.:~*^*~:.:~*^*~:.

"We're in the pipe... 5 by 5..."

shades2 (Perth, WA)
http://www.iinet.net.au/~shades2

PGP Public Keys:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~shades2/pgpkey.html

filthy old hack =?Utf-8?B?TG9vcGJhY2s=?= MCSE 20 03-23-2006 04:55 AM
Call Manager Platform Reg Hack R Siffredi Cisco 6 04-13-2005 01:27 PM
Call Manager Reg Hack R Siffredi Cisco 0 04-04-2005 08:25 PM
is this a hack? foldface@yahoo.co.uk ASP .Net 2 07-14-2004 08:31 AM
Is it possible to hack *.DLL created from *.VB files ? Ing. Rajesh Kumar ASP .Net 2 07-07-2004 12:52 PM

Advertisments