Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Which windows folders should I check daily for viruses and trojans?

Which windows folders should I check daily for viruses and trojans?

Juan I. Cahis

Dear friends:

Which windows folders should I check daily for viruses and trojans?

The idea is to schedule a virus checking job, to be run daily at lunch
time, that it will check the most important windows folders for
viruses and trojans. It should take no more than 10 to 15 minutes, so
a complete computer check is not possible.

Which Ms-Windows folders do you suggest to include in the job?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!!!!

Thanks
Juan I. Cahis
Santiago de Chile (South America)
Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!

Colonel Flagg

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Dear friends:
>
> Which windows folders should I check daily for viruses and trojans?
>
> The idea is to schedule a virus checking job, to be run daily at lunch
> time, that it will check the most important windows folders for
> viruses and trojans. It should take no more than 10 to 15 minutes, so
> a complete computer check is not possible.
>
> Which Ms-Windows folders do you suggest to include in the job?
>
> Thanks a lot for your suggestions!!!!
>

> Thanks
> Juan I. Cahis
> Santiago de Chile (South America)
> Email: (E-Mail Removed)
> Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!

"important folders".

irrelevant. what happens when someone writes a virus (as if they don't
already) that infect "unimportant" files?

scan everything, every day.

--
Colonel Flagg
http://www.internetwarzone.org/

Privacy at a click:
http://www.cotse.net

A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

"...I see stupid people."

Kevin

If a complete scan is not convenient at lunch time, try scanning the
following folders: Windows, Program Files, Shared Documents, My Documents
and the folder with your name, Juan I. Cahis's Documents. Of course, a full
and complete scan of your hard drive(s) is the preferred method. You could
schedule this for your off shift time say late at night or early in the
morning.
Good luck!
P. S. Your English is doing just fine! It's better than my Spanish! I can
manage to order a beer if I have to, but that's about it!

"Juan I. Cahis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Dear friends:

Which windows folders should I check daily for viruses and trojans?

The idea is to schedule a virus checking job, to be run daily at lunch
time, that it will check the most important windows folders for
viruses and trojans. It should take no more than 10 to 15 minutes, so
a complete computer check is not possible.

Which Ms-Windows folders do you suggest to include in the job?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!!!!

Thanks
Juan I. Cahis
Santiago de Chile (South America)
Email: (E-Mail Removed)
Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!

Ziggy

Juan I. Cahis wrote:

> Dear friends:
>
> Which windows folders should I check daily for viruses and trojans?

The necessary target is C:\ and all subfolders.