Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Send e-mail that will delete and cannot be printed? Possible?

Send e-mail that will delete and cannot be printed? Possible?

Use.Netuser.de

Hi Group

I'd like to send an e-mail which may only be read for a certain period of
time, which may not be printed (by a novice) and will be deleted after a
certain period of time. This is not for some nefarious activity but a
genuine one off requirement.
I do not wish to send anonymousously (Will send via SMTP or HTTP account) or
otherwise and this will be to a free HTTP account such as Hotmail or Yahoo.

You may contact me directly at alannortel AT hotmail DOT com

Electronic Frontier Foundation - www.eff.org/
Freedom to Tinker - www.freedom-to-tinker.com/

Florian Reitmeir

Hi,

> I'd like to send an e-mail which may only be read for a certain period of
> time, which may not be printed (by a novice) and will be deleted after a
> certain period of time. This is not for some nefarious activity but a
> genuine one off requirement.
> I do not wish to send anonymousously (Will send via SMTP or HTTP account)
> or otherwise and this will be to a free HTTP account such as Hotmail or
> Yahoo.

no.

Vanguard

Not unless you want to pay for a 3rd party add-on, like Disappearing
Email. I've never used the product but believe it operates by requiring
the sender and recipient to both use a plug-in to Outlook which honors
the attributes assigned to an e-mail by the sender. The recipient's
plug-in reads the attributes from a server this service operates (so if
their server becomes unreachable then you can't read your e-mails). It
works by encrypting the e-mail which will only decrypt if the
recipient's plug-in sees the e-mail hasn't expired yet. However, as to
what the recipient can do with the e-mail before it expires, I don't
know. Get ready to dole out some money for a solution.

*** Post replies to newsgroup. E-mail is not accepted. ***

"Use.Netuser.de" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bnfa0q$vrbmk$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Hi Group
>
> I'd like to send an e-mail which may only be read for a certain period

of
> time, which may not be printed (by a novice) and will be deleted after

> certain period of time. This is not for some nefarious activity but a
> genuine one off requirement.
> I do not wish to send anonymousously (Will send via SMTP or HTTP

account) or
> otherwise and this will be to a free HTTP account such as Hotmail or

Yahoo.

> You may contact me directly at alannortel AT hotmail DOT com
>
> Electronic Frontier Foundation - www.eff.org/
> Freedom to Tinker - www.freedom-to-tinker.com/

Tim Lewis

Try a letter, and use invisible ink.
"Use.Netuser.de" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bnfa0q$vrbmk$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Hi Group
>
> I'd like to send an e-mail which may only be read for a certain period of
> time, which may not be printed (by a novice) and will be deleted after a
> certain period of time. This is not for some nefarious activity but a
> genuine one off requirement.
> I do not wish to send anonymousously (Will send via SMTP or HTTP account)

or
> otherwise and this will be to a free HTTP account such as Hotmail or

Yahoo.

> You may contact me directly at alannortel AT hotmail DOT com
>
> Electronic Frontier Foundation - www.eff.org/
> Freedom to Tinker - www.freedom-to-tinker.com/

~ XO ~

There is a new feature in Exchange Server 2003 does that

@micro$oft.com

Use.Netuser.de wrote:
> Hi Group
>
> I'd like to send an e-mail which may only be read for a certain period of
> time, which may not be printed (by a novice) and will be deleted after a
> certain period of time.

Wouldn't we all...

Hey, call'em on the phone and say: "This message... if you choose to
accept it.... will self-destruct in 5 min.s" then after 5 min. is up,
yell "BOOM!!!" real loud!!

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=The New Atr2.Ath.Cx=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
- jayjwa *Https Only* Mod-SSL / PGP Key / CA Onsite

brandorf

"Use.Netuser.de" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bnfa0q$vrbmk$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>...
> Hi Group
>
> I'd like to send an e-mail which may only be read for a certain period of
> time, which may not be printed (by a novice) and will be deleted after a
> certain period of time. This is not for some nefarious activity but a
> genuine one off requirement.
> I do not wish to send anonymousously (Will send via SMTP or HTTP account) or
> otherwise and this will be to a free HTTP account such as Hotmail or Yahoo.
>
> You may contact me directly at alannortel AT hotmail DOT com
>
> Electronic Frontier Foundation - www.eff.org/
> Freedom to Tinker - www.freedom-to-tinker.com/

The only thing that comes to mind is using PDF. PDF files can be
print restricted, and can be made to expire. So Send the messgae as
PDF.

-Brandon K

Vanguard

So how to you prevent someone from using a screen capture program and
setting back their clock?

*** Post replies to newsgroup. E-mail is not accepted. ***

"brandorf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Use.Netuser.de" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<bnfa0q$vrbmk$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>...
> > Hi Group
> >
> > I'd like to send an e-mail which may only be read for a certain

period of
> > time, which may not be printed (by a novice) and will be deleted

after a
> > certain period of time. This is not for some nefarious activity but

> > genuine one off requirement.
> > I do not wish to send anonymousously (Will send via SMTP or HTTP

account) or
> > otherwise and this will be to a free HTTP account such as Hotmail or

Yahoo.

> > You may contact me directly at alannortel AT hotmail DOT com
> >
> > Electronic Frontier Foundation - www.eff.org/
> > Freedom to Tinker - www.freedom-to-tinker.com/

> The only thing that comes to mind is using PDF. PDF files can be
> print restricted, and can be made to expire. So Send the messgae as
> PDF.
>
> -Brandon K

nilspam@invalid.oz

In
posted on Sun, 26 Oct 2003 23:27:55 GMT, Tim Lewis wrote:

>Try a letter, and use invisible ink.

Do you mean disappearing ink?