Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Good internet cleanup software for free

Good internet cleanup software for free

David

I currently have software to clean up internet
temp files, recent lists, cookies, etc called
"Internet Cleanup" by Ontrack (I believe sold to some
other company and is at least 2 years old). I'm wondering
if there is any newer but free downloadable software that does
a better job. I currently use Ad Aware, Spybot, Zone Alarm,
Kerio Personal Firewall and AVG Antivirus which are free and I am
VERY satisfied with the security on my computer. Just have not been
able to find the one last bit of software I find necessary
to keep the file clutter of surfing windows cleaned up.
I am actually not trying to hide my surfing habits but
keep my computer cleaned up to reduce system degredation
over time (I still reformat about once a year). If needed
I have a recently purchased Dell 2400 with XP Pro. Your
help is greatly appreciated.

Dave

Add another one in front of the one (ie 1165)in my email address to
reach me directly.

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> , davids165
@juno.com says...
[snip]

Just use the remove temp internet files, and the other apps to clean up,
then make sure to run a full DEFRAG - XP Defrag isn't good enough - get
Disk keeper and run it at boot time once a month or so....

Like you, I use to rebuild my development workstations every year, but
once I started cleaning them, and then doing the monthly Defrag (in
addition to a nightly full Defrag) I've not had any performance issues.

(Remove 999 to reply to me)

donutbandit

Leythos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:MPG.19fd8cece3eae634989d64@news-
server.columbus.rr.com: