Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > NIS Pro vs ZA Free

NIS Pro vs ZA Free

CB

Before I invest about $100 on NIS Pro, can someone tell me if it works as
good as ZA Free? I'm using ZA Free right now. Which would be the biggest
resource hog?
Any help appreciated

Plastic surgery for instance ...

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:58:50 GMT, CB wrote:
> Before I invest about $100 on NIS Pro, can someone tell me if it works as
> good as ZA Free? I'm using ZA Free right now. Which would be the biggest
> resource hog?
> Any help appreciated

Before you splash out, please visit http://www.kerio.com and try their
personal firewall. It's free, but that doesn't mean it's not any good.

I switched to Kerio after finding ZA really resource hungry. They may've fixed
it now, but it doesn't matter as KPF did the job just as well, and had some
features I really liked. I've had it running for the last two years, and don't
plan to change.

You could also check out other noted AV products like AVG,F-Prot etc and save
yourself some dosh by not having to buy two products.

ZA gets bandied around by some people as if it's the only firewall for Win*.
That's not a dig at you, just what I perceive.

If you try KPF, together with seperate, quality AV software like AVG
(http://www.grisoft.com) or F-Prot (http://www.f-prot.com), and don't like
them, fair enough. Just trying to show you there are more alternatives than
Norton and Zone Labs.

--
Got MIME ? - http://www.f-prot.com
Got Win2000/XP & TCP/IP ? - http://www.kerio.com

CB

Thanks..I'm check out the other programs before making a decision.

"Plastic surgery for instance ..." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:58:50 GMT, CB wrote:
> > Before I invest about $100 on NIS Pro, can someone tell me if it works

as
> > good as ZA Free? I'm using ZA Free right now. Which would be the

biggest
> > resource hog?
> > Any help appreciated

> Before you splash out, please visit http://www.kerio.com and try their
> personal firewall. It's free, but that doesn't mean it's not any good.
>
> I switched to Kerio after finding ZA really resource hungry. They may've

fixed
> it now, but it doesn't matter as KPF did the job just as well, and had

some
> features I really liked. I've had it running for the last two years, and

don't
> plan to change.
>
> You could also check out other noted AV products like AVG,F-Prot etc and

save
> yourself some dosh by not having to buy two products.
>
> ZA gets bandied around by some people as if it's the only firewall for

Win*.
> That's not a dig at you, just what I perceive.
>
> If you try KPF, together with seperate, quality AV software like AVG
> (http://www.grisoft.com) or F-Prot (http://www.f-prot.com), and don't like
> them, fair enough. Just trying to show you there are more alternatives

than
> Norton and Zone Labs.
>

> --
> Got MIME ? - http://www.f-prot.com
> Got Win2000/XP & TCP/IP ? - http://www.kerio.com
> Got IPTables ? - http://firestarter.sourceforge.net
> Linux didn't make me stupid. I was born that way. :/

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:58:50 GMT, CB wrote:
> > Before I invest about $100 on NIS Pro, can someone tell me if it works as
> > good as ZA Free? I'm using ZA Free right now. Which would be the biggest
> > resource hog?
> > Any help appreciated

> Before you splash out, please visit http://www.kerio.com and try their
> personal firewall. It's free, but that doesn't mean it's not any good.

I too like Kerio (which is Tiny) and use it on all my laptops. I install
ZA on clients machines where the client doesn't have a good computer
tech skill set.

Kerio and Tiny will require more of you, but they are fast and almost
invisible.

(E-Mail Removed)
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

JRS

Sygate seems pretty good and not too heavy on resources

Jon

"CB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:EsQjb.123$(E-Mail Removed) .net...
> Thanks..I'm check out the other programs before making a decision.
>
> "Plastic surgery for instance ..." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:58:50 GMT, CB wrote:
> > > Before I invest about $100 on NIS Pro, can someone tell me if it works

> as
> > > good as ZA Free? I'm using ZA Free right now. Which would be the

> biggest
> > > resource hog?
> > > Any help appreciated

> > Before you splash out, please visit http://www.kerio.com and try their
> > personal firewall. It's free, but that doesn't mean it's not any good.
> >
> > I switched to Kerio after finding ZA really resource hungry. They may've

> fixed
> > it now, but it doesn't matter as KPF did the job just as well, and had

> some
> > features I really liked. I've had it running for the last two years, and

> don't
> > plan to change.
> >
> > You could also check out other noted AV products like AVG,F-Prot etc and

> save
> > yourself some dosh by not having to buy two products.
> >
> > ZA gets bandied around by some people as if it's the only firewall for

> Win*.
> > That's not a dig at you, just what I perceive.
> >
> > If you try KPF, together with seperate, quality AV software like AVG
> > (http://www.grisoft.com) or F-Prot (http://www.f-prot.com), and don't

like
> > them, fair enough. Just trying to show you there are more alternatives

> than
> > Norton and Zone Labs.
> >

> > --
> > Got MIME ? - http://www.f-prot.com
> > Got Win2000/XP & TCP/IP ? - http://www.kerio.com
> > Got IPTables ? - http://firestarter.sourceforge.net
> > Linux didn't make me stupid. I was born that way. :/

Porky Pig

Hi, I use BOTH NIS2003 & ZA Free on the same machine, I don't find it a
problem

news:KXPjb.116$(E-Mail Removed) .net...