Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Authentication for Cisco VPN client on PIX (RADIUS vs. local PIX database)

Authentication for Cisco VPN client on PIX (RADIUS vs. local PIX database)

tejlor

Hi folks,

I have PIX 515 with 6.3.3 version of PIX OS. I would like to have two
different types of authentication for remote VPN clients. First type would
be authenticated localy on PIX and the second type of clients would be
authenticated on internal RADIUS.

I was able to do just authentication for all clients localy on PIX or
authentication for all clients on RADIUS. hmm, doesn't PIX support mixed
type the authentication at the same time?

--
regards,
tejlor

Pinko_Commie

"tejlor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yDmwb.5902$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi folks,
>
> I have PIX 515 with 6.3.3 version of PIX OS. I would like to have two
> different types of authentication for remote VPN clients. First type would
> be authenticated localy on PIX and the second type of clients would be
> authenticated on internal RADIUS.
>
> I was able to do just authentication for all clients localy on PIX or
> authentication for all clients on RADIUS. hmm, doesn't PIX support mixed
> type the authentication at the same time?

As far i I have been able to tell you have a choice with RADIUS, either they
all use it or none of them use it. Thoguh if I'm wrong it'd be great to see
how you can do it

> --
> regards,
> tejlor

tejlor

Pinko_Commie wrote:

> "tejlor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:yDmwb.5902$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I have PIX 515 with 6.3.3 version of PIX OS. I would like to have two
>> different types of authentication for remote VPN clients. First type
>> would be authenticated localy on PIX and the second type of clients would
>> be authenticated on internal RADIUS.
>>
>> I was able to do just authentication for all clients localy on PIX or
>> authentication for all clients on RADIUS. hmm, doesn't PIX support mixed
>> type the authentication at the same time?

> As far i I have been able to tell you have a choice with RADIUS, either
> they
> all use it or none of them use it. Thoguh if I'm wrong it'd be great to
> see how you can do it

yeah I agree with you... I already tried to do mixed type of authentication,
but without any luck ... I also think that this is impossible.

Thanks anyway, I just needed second opinion

--
regards,
tejlor