Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > ER season 6 available in Europe?

ER season 6 available in Europe?

Jim Waggener

Heard this mentioned. How can I get it here to the USA? I have a multi
region player (Oppo)

Sean Black

In article <L2Wug.27$(E-Mail Removed)>, Jim Waggener
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Heard this mentioned. How can I get it here to the USA? I have a multi
>region player (Oppo)

Have a look at www.play.com or www.sendit.com

Not 100% sure if they ship to the US, but it might be worth a look.
--
Sean Black

Jim Waggener

"Sean Black" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <L2Wug.27$(E-Mail Removed)>, Jim Waggener
> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>>Heard this mentioned. How can I get it here to the USA? I have a multi
>>region player (Oppo)
>>

> Have a look at www.play.com or www.sendit.com
>
> Not 100% sure if they ship to the US, but it might be worth a look.
> --
> Sean Black

Thanks Sean,
Play.com does indeed have ER season 6. But if you click on the
"international" tab, PlayUSA.com pops up but only offers season 5 ...kinda
odd...looks like you have to live in Europe to get season 6

Wesley Mead ('Wezzo')

Jim Waggener wrote:
> Heard this mentioned. How can I get it here to the USA? I have a multi
> region player (Oppo)

Try Amazon.co.uk, or perhaps a marketplace seller on there that's
willing to deliver internationally.

-Wesley

Jim Waggener

"Wesley Mead ('Wezzo')" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:TU7vg.5294$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Jim Waggener wrote:
>> Heard this mentioned. How can I get it here to the USA? I have a multi
>> region player (Oppo)

> Try Amazon.co.uk, or perhaps a marketplace seller on there that's willing
> to deliver internationally.
>
> -Wesley

Looked at Amazon.uk...yup they will ship it but with the exchange rate it
would cost me like $80...no thanks. However if I order it from AUS its a
much better deal.

jayembee

"Jim Waggener" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Looked at Amazon.uk...yup they will ship it but with the exchange
> rate it would cost me like $80...no thanks.

No it won't. Just went there right now. Their listed price is 28.97,
which at the current exchange rate is US$53.00.

HOWEVER, what they don't tell you until you've actually "checked out"
and placed your order is that for the US, they deduct the Value
Added Tax (VAT), which is normally built into the item price. So,
you get to deduct 15% off the above price.

So, the actual price you pay will be, plus or minus a few pence,
24.65. Airmail delivery is 2.09 per delivery plus 0.99 per item,
or 3.08. So your total will be (rounding a bit for convenience)
27.75. At the current exchange rate, that's a bit under US$51.00,
delivered.

> However if I order it from AUS its a much better deal.

There is that.

I'm not sure why you don't feel like you can wait until it comes out
in the US, though. But that's your lookout.

-- jayembee

Jim Waggener

"jayembee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9804BA5345175jayembeesnurchercom@140.99.99 .130...
> "Jim Waggener" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Looked at Amazon.uk...yup they will ship it but with the exchange
>> rate it would cost me like $80...no thanks.

> No it won't. Just went there right now. Their listed price is 28.97,
> which at the current exchange rate is US$53.00.
>
> HOWEVER, what they don't tell you until you've actually "checked out"
> and placed your order is that for the US, they deduct the Value
> Added Tax (VAT), which is normally built into the item price. So,
> you get to deduct 15% off the above price.
>
> So, the actual price you pay will be, plus or minus a few pence,
> 24.65. Airmail delivery is 2.09 per delivery plus 0.99 per item,
> or 3.08. So your total will be (rounding a bit for convenience)
> 27.75. At the current exchange rate, that's a bit under US$51.00,
> delivered.
>
>> However if I order it from AUS its a much better deal.

> There is that.
>
> I'm not sure why you don't feel like you can wait until it comes out
> in the US, though. But that's your lookout.
>
> -- jayembee

Thanks Jay for the info. ER season 6 will take at least a year before it is
released in the states. It is not even on the radar via
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/

Jack Torrence

"jayembee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9804BA5345175jayembeesnurchercom@140.99.99 .130...
> "Jim Waggener" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Looked at Amazon.uk...yup they will ship it but with the exchange
>> rate it would cost me like $80...no thanks.

> No it won't. Just went there right now. Their listed price is 28.97,
> which at the current exchange rate is US$53.00.
>
> HOWEVER, what they don't tell you until you've actually "checked out"
> and placed your order is that for the US, they deduct the Value
> Added Tax (VAT), which is normally built into the item price. So,
> you get to deduct 15% off the above price.

The standard rate of VAT in the UK is 17.5%

> So, the actual price you pay will be, plus or minus a few pence,
> 24.65. Airmail delivery is 2.09 per delivery plus 0.99 per item,
> or 3.08. So your total will be (rounding a bit for convenience)
> 27.75. At the current exchange rate, that's a bit under US$51.00,
> delivered.
>
>> However if I order it from AUS its a much better deal.

> There is that.
>
> I'm not sure why you don't feel like you can wait until it comes out
> in the US, though. But that's your lookout.
>
> -- jayembee

jayembee

"Jack Torrence" <room217[at]overlook.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> "jayembee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> HOWEVER, what they don't tell you until you've actually "checked out"
>> and placed your order is that for the US, they deduct the Value
>> Added Tax (VAT), which is normally built into the item price. So,
>> you get to deduct 15% off the above price.

> The standard rate of VAT in the UK is 17.5%

True, but when you take the base price and multiply it by 1.175 to
get the VAT-included price, you can't get back to the original price
by multiplying the VAT-included price by 0.825.

For example, a DVD priced at 19.99 will be lowered to 17.01, which
is closer to a 15% deduction (16.99) than to a 17.5% deduction
(16.49). But 17.01 multiplied by 1.175 gives to 19.99.

-- jayembee

Bill's News

jayembee wrote:
> "Jack Torrence" <room217[at]overlook.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> "jayembee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>> HOWEVER, what they don't tell you until you've actually
>>> "checked
>>> out" and placed your order is that for the US, they deduct
>>> the Value
>>> Added Tax (VAT), which is normally built into the item
>>> price. So,
>>> you get to deduct 15% off the above price.

>> The standard rate of VAT in the UK is 17.5%

> True, but when you take the base price and multiply it by
> get the VAT-included price, you can't get back to the original
> price
> by multiplying the VAT-included price by 0.825.
>
> For example, a DVD priced at 19.99 will be lowered to 17.01,
> which
> is closer to a 15% deduction (16.99) than to a 17.5%
> deduction
> (16.49). But 17.01 multiplied by 1.175 gives to 19.99.
>
> -- jayembee

The sad thing here is that this should not have to be explained
to anyone who is over 11 years of age!!! The state of education
(in the U.S. for certain, apparently England as well) is
wretched. This isn't even math, it's just basic 1/3 of 3 added
= 4, 1/4 of 4 subtracted = 3. Ergo 1/3 = 1/4 ;-0) No wonder
MacDonald's puts pictures on their cash registers and requires
entry of the amount tendered!

Reminiscent of those who reckon 4:3 and 16:9 as being the same
ratio!!!