Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Class action lawsuit against Netflix

Reply
Thread Tools

Class action lawsuit against Netflix

 
 
jimschoonover@usnet.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-02-2006
I just got an email from a friend who said he read in the news about a
class action lawsuit against Netflix. He will get me the details if
he can find the article again. I definately want to get in on this.
Does anyone else know about it?

Jim
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Derek Janssen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-02-2006
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I just got an email from a friend who said he read in the news about a
> class action lawsuit against Netflix. He will get me the details if
> he can find the article again. I definately want to get in on this.
> Does anyone else know about it?


Yep--You get a coupon from the company, and laughter and ridicule from
everyone else. Enjoy.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Heinrich Galland
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-02-2006
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Derek
Janssen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I just got an email from a friend who said he read in the news about a
> > class action lawsuit against Netflix. He will get me the details if
> > he can find the article again. I definately want to get in on this.
> > Does anyone else know about it?

>
> Yep--You get a coupon from the company, and laughter and ridicule from
> everyone else. Enjoy.



Yes, the lawyers generally get, oh say....$50,000,000 and the people
for whom the suit is brought get, as you said, a coupon and the lawyers
laugh all the way to the bank!!

God, I hate these suits.
 
Reply With Quote
 
jimschoonover@usnet.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-02-2006
On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 21:15:52 -0500, Heinrich Galland
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Derek
>Janssen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> > I just got an email from a friend who said he read in the news about a
>> > class action lawsuit against Netflix. He will get me the details if
>> > he can find the article again. I definately want to get in on this.
>> > Does anyone else know about it?

>>
>> Yep--You get a coupon from the company, and laughter and ridicule from
>> everyone else. Enjoy.

>
>
>Yes, the lawyers generally get, oh say....$50,000,000 and the people
>for whom the suit is brought get, as you said, a coupon and the lawyers
>laugh all the way to the bank!!
>
>God, I hate these suits.


I really dont care if I get nothing at all. I just want to shut down
this fraudulant scum hole ripoff company once and for all. Netflix is
one of the top 10 most crooked businesses in the world, and they need
to be exterminated and burn in hell.

Jim
 
Reply With Quote
 
Rich Clark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-02-2006

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I really dont care if I get nothing at all. I just want to shut down
> this fraudulant scum hole ripoff company once and for all. Netflix is
> one of the top 10 most crooked businesses in the world,


If you think that, your world is truly tiny.

> and they need
> to be exterminated and burn in hell.


No thanks. Like most people who use Netflix the way it was designed to be
used, I find extremely useful, valuable, and cost-effective. Just because a
few no-lifes are ****ed off because they can't get enough discs to copy and
mail back the same day doesn't say anything about Netflix, just about the
mom's-basement-dwellers who have nothing better to do.

RichC


 
Reply With Quote
 
Derek Janssen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-02-2006
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 21:15:52 -0500, Heinrich Galland
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Derek
>>Janssen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>>
>>>>I just got an email from a friend who said he read in the news about a
>>>>class action lawsuit against Netflix. He will get me the details if
>>>>he can find the article again. I definately want to get in on this.
>>>>Does anyone else know about it?
>>>
>>>Yep--You get a coupon from the company, and laughter and ridicule from
>>>everyone else. Enjoy.

>>
>>Yes, the lawyers generally get, oh say....$50,000,000 and the people
>>for whom the suit is brought get, as you said, a coupon and the lawyers
>>laugh all the way to the bank!!
>>
>>God, I hate these suits.

>
> I really dont care if I get nothing at all. I just want to shut down
> this fraudulant scum hole ripoff company once and for all.


<snicker!> "Shut down"?... 0_o?
They settled out of court, and gave you said coupon to shut you up--

Most said "Thank you, Netflix, may I have another", patted themselves on
the back for "slaying the giant", and Netflix continued to do business
as usual, meaning, digging Blockbuster into a bigger hole.

Derek Janssen [see above reference to "Laughter and ridicule", with our
poster helpfully volunteering a demonstratory example of why]
(E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Alpha
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-02-2006

"Rich Clark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I really dont care if I get nothing at all. I just want to shut down
>> this fraudulant scum hole ripoff company once and for all. Netflix is
>> one of the top 10 most crooked businesses in the world,

>
> If you think that, your world is truly tiny.
>
>> and they need
>> to be exterminated and burn in hell.

>
> No thanks. Like most people who use Netflix the way it was designed to be
> used, I find extremely useful, valuable, and cost-effective. Just because
> a few no-lifes are ****ed off because they can't get enough discs to copy
> and mail back the same day doesn't say anything about Netflix, just about
> the mom's-basement-dwellers who have nothing better to do.
>
> RichC
>


I am in total agreement. Use Netflix correctly and it is more than a
bargain.


 
Reply With Quote
 
skip
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-02-2006
"Rich Clark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I really dont care if I get nothing at all. I just want to shut down
>> this fraudulant scum hole ripoff company once and for all. Netflix
>> is one of the top 10 most crooked businesses in the world,

>
> If you think that, your world is truly tiny.
>
>> and they need
>> to be exterminated and burn in hell.

>
> No thanks. Like most people who use Netflix the way it was designed to
> be used, I find extremely useful, valuable, and cost-effective. Just
> because a few no-lifes are ****ed off because they can't get enough
> discs to copy and mail back the same day doesn't say anything about
> Netflix, just about the mom's-basement-dwellers who have nothing
> better to do.
>
> RichC


I rent one movie at a time and donn;t knnow how to copy them I tried netflx
for 6 months never again
 
Reply With Quote
 
jwb
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-02-2006
"Rich Clark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I really dont care if I get nothing at all. I just want to shut down
>> this fraudulant scum hole ripoff company once and for all. Netflix is
>> one of the top 10 most crooked businesses in the world,

>
> If you think that, your world is truly tiny.
>
>> and they need
>> to be exterminated and burn in hell.

>
> No thanks. Like most people who use Netflix the way it was designed to be
> used, I find extremely useful, valuable, and cost-effective. Just because
> a few no-lifes are ****ed off because they can't get enough discs to copy
> and mail back the same day doesn't say anything about Netflix, just about
> the mom's-basement-dwellers who have nothing better to do.


well said.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Tarkus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-02-2006
On 7/1/2006 11:08:35 PM, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I really dont care if I get nothing at all. I just want to shut down
> this fraudulant scum hole ripoff company once and for all. Netflix is
> one of the top 10 most crooked businesses in the world, and they need
> to be exterminated and burn in hell.


And if that doesn't work, you could just not use them.
--
"You're a monster, Zorg."

Now playing: "The Cardigans - Iron Man"
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Microsoft's Gates, Ballmer ordered to testify in Class-Action Antitrust Lawsuit - Bobb - Computer Information 3 11-04-2006 06:44 PM
Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against Phase One / Capture One DiViNcI cOdE Digital Photography 3 04-25-2005 07:53 PM
The Sony C:13:00 class-action lawsuit RichA DVD Video 0 04-25-2005 07:31 AM
MGM Class Action lawsuit in the USA Reader DVD Video 20 02-18-2005 05:56 PM
Olympus class action lawsuit olympussuit Digital Photography 5 08-30-2003 09:08 PM



Advertisments