Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > TDK 420?

TDK 420?

Randy

I wanted to copy home movies off of my TV recorder that are DVD-RW, but
my TDK 420N will not recognize the DVD-RW. Does that mean I will have
to buy another recorder for my computer that will recognize -RW disks?

Hey I am a newby to this recording stuff?

Any help will be appreciated.

GMAN

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>, "Randy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I wanted to copy home movies off of my TV recorder that are DVD-RW, but
>my TDK 420N will not recognize the DVD-RW. Does that mean I will have
>to buy another recorder for my computer that will recognize -RW disks?
>
>Hey I am a newby to this recording stuff?
>
>Any help will be appreciated.

You need to "finalize" the disk on the Set top DVD recorder. then your pc or
other players will read it just like a store bought disk. Once you have copied
over the stuff to your pc, you can then go back, stick the disk in the Settop
DVD recorder and reformat the disk for other use.

Randy

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,my pc will now recognize the data on the disk after
finalizing it. I am trying to use 123copydvd to copy the home movie to
another DVD-RW, but it will not let me. It says you must put in a
writable DVD. If I just click ok it gives me the same message. I want
to be able to give my relatives a copy so they can play it on their TV
recorder.

Is there something I need to do to the new DVD-RW disk?

GMAN wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>, "Randy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >I wanted to copy home movies off of my TV recorder that are DVD-RW, but
> >my TDK 420N will not recognize the DVD-RW. Does that mean I will have
> >to buy another recorder for my computer that will recognize -RW disks?
> >
> >Hey I am a newby to this recording stuff?
> >
> >Any help will be appreciated.
> >

> You need to "finalize" the disk on the Set top DVD recorder. then your pc or
> other players will read it just like a store bought disk. Once you have copied
> over the stuff to your pc, you can then go back, stick the disk in the Settop
> DVD recorder and reformat the disk for other use.

Kimba W. Lion

On 28 Jun 2006 18:58:34 -0700, "Randy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,my pc will now recognize the data on the disk after
>finalizing it. I am trying to use 123copydvd to copy the home movie to
>another DVD-RW, but it will not let me. It says you must put in a
>writable DVD. If I just click ok it gives me the same message. I want
>to be able to give my relatives a copy so they can play it on their TV
>recorder.

I never use RW discs, but I think they need to be formatted before you can
write to them even in a computer burner.

If you are giving away the copies, you can use +R or -R discs; they're
cheaper and no formatting needed.

FS: TDK DVD-R madtiger111@hotmail.com DVD Video 6 01-04-2006 02:41 AM
TDK ups the Blu-Ray anti RichA DVD Video 2 06-07-2005 02:55 PM
TDK outlines 50GB Blu-ray disk plans. Allan DVD Video 1 03-19-2005 02:50 AM
TDK disk problem MarMac DVD Video 6 01-21-2005 05:20 PM
TDK burner prob. - files no longer showing up on cd JJGrey Computer Support 2 02-10-2004 03:41 AM

Advertisments