Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > problem with DVD

problem with DVD

el__marcin@o2.pl

Hallo,

I was wondering whether you can help me with my problem. I am using
thinkpad R40 - IBM notebook with Windows XP on it. I want to watch my
DVDs, play them on my computer but watch them on my TV. My TV has only
one input (antenna). So I went to Walmart bought some converter and
finally I was able to hook up my notebook with my TV via s-video cable;
converter and regular antenna cable. It works fine meaning I see on the
screen of TV whatever I see on the screen on my notebook. However, when
I want to play DVD and when the software to play DVD starts (I tried
IBM inbuilt dvd player WinDVD as well as Windows Media player) all I
see on TV is black screen of my software - no movie. I see the movie
on my notebook though - it works fine. When I try winamp and play
some divix file all works perfect - meaning I see divix on both my
computer and my TV. Has anybody encountered the problem before? I
really appreciate your help Thanks a lot
Marcin