Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VOIP service with US number for incoming call

VOIP service with US number for incoming call

JA

Hi

Can anyone recommend a VOIP service we can use which allows US customers
to contact us using a US number?

I'm aware that Skype does that, but would probably prefer a non-software
solution. I also know about Vonage, but it's a bit pricy, and seems to
require that I pay by credit card mandate - which I hate.

--
JA

Graham.

> Hi
>
> Can anyone recommend a VOIP service we can use which allows US customers
> to contact us using a US number?
>
> I'm aware that Skype does that, but would probably prefer a non-software
> solution. I also know about Vonage, but it's a bit pricy, and seems to
> require that I pay by credit card mandate - which I hate.
>
> --
> JA

The last time I looked at this, the thing to do was to get a free Washington
state number from www.ipkall.com and forward it (forgive the pun), to a Free
World Dialup VoIP number.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Graham.:
>> Hi
>>
>> Can anyone recommend a VOIP service we can use which allows US
>> customers to contact us using a US number?
>>
>> I'm aware that Skype does that, but would probably prefer a
>> non-software solution. I also know about Vonage, but it's a bit
>> pricy, and seems to require that I pay by credit card mandate -
>> which I hate. --
>> JA

> The last time I looked at this, the thing to do was to get a free
> Washington state number from www.ipkall.com and forward it (forgive
> the pun), to a Free World Dialup VoIP number.

Yes, I've been using IPKALL for at least 18 months, could be two years
now, I have it pointed to my Sipgate service.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Adam Aglionby

Stanaphone and redirect?

https://www.stanaphone.com/

Adam

JA wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can anyone recommend a VOIP service we can use which allows US customers
> to contact us using a US number?
>
> I'm aware that Skype does that, but would probably prefer a non-software
> solution. I also know about Vonage, but it's a bit pricy, and seems to
> require that I pay by credit card mandate - which I hate.
>
> --
> JA

Brian

On 2006-07-16, JA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can anyone recommend a VOIP service we can use which allows US customers
> to contact us using a US number?
>
> I'm aware that Skype does that, but would probably prefer a non-software
> solution. I also know about Vonage, but it's a bit pricy, and seems to
> require that I pay by credit card mandate - which I hate.

www.callunion.com have DID numbers for the United States but from what
say about Vonage you may not be attracted by what they charge. There is
also www.voxbone.com. With both these companies you can configure what
phone rings when the number is dialled.

www.stanaphone.com gives free New York numbers when you sign up for
their service but I think the number has to point to your Stanaphone
account. Which is fine if they provide a reliable SIP service.

Another idea is to give your customers one of the PSTN numbers which
www.sipbroker.com make available in the US. You open an account at, for
example, www.voiptalk.org, and also inform them of your Voiptalk number
and the peering code.

Brian.

Peter Gradwell

JA wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can anyone recommend a VOIP service we can use which allows US customers
> to contact us using a US number?

We offer US numbers (and INTL ones too).

cheers
peter

andy

Graham. wrote:
> The last time I looked at this, the thing to do was to get a free Washington
> state number from www.ipkall.com and forward it (forgive the pun), to a Free
> World Dialup VoIP number.

As well as IPKall, see www.freedigits.com with a free Iowa number or
paid other area codes - mine is forwarded to Voipfone SIP address.
Forward to pstn also possible from 3c per minute, and $1.80 free
sign-up credit